I treated some in an old people's home the other day, I took my dust mask off the for a minute and when I put it back on I felt something move....looked inside and a bee was walking up the inside of it against my lip ?

Bees in general are a pain for me, iv had  20 odd calls for them today, at least half of them trying to tell me they were wasps....i find it sad and even scary that grown men can't tell the difference. By the end of silly season I get sick of explaining that bees in your soffits arnt a problem. Some people genuinely want you to kill anything that moves on their property, probably the same people signing anti hunting petitions online to make themselves feel better. Had one man ask me if I was prepared to take all responsibility if his daughter got stung after I refused to treat bumble bees in the roof ridge tile ??

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Had someone today wanted a nest in the soffits treating in case his dog stood on the dead ones under the nest. At least 3 calls were getting bees in the house cos they had blocked the hole up outside ?. I get so sad at the human race at this time of year 

Yep it's silly season alright, lots of bee calls, people insistent they are wasps ?

My mate who started out last year has the right idea, he's telling them that it won't be wasps, the customer insists they are wasps, he charges £35 to go and confirm! Beats working ?

Edited by mole trapper
  • Like 2

Had lady today call me out for wasp nest got there bumble bees told lady she told me she has lived in the country side for over 50 years and they are definitely wasps ,I advised her on a trip to speck safers,she did not seem to appreciate my advice..

• Like 1

My problem is when it's a call from customers that give me work right through the year or contracts that I have to attend. I can be booked up then get a call from a school that need you to take a look and confirm and a landlord who's tenant is hysterical.....i gotta go and it fcks my day right up. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

My problem is when it's a call from customers that give me work right through the year or contracts that I have to attend. I can be booked up then get a call from a school that need you to take a look and confirm and a landlord who's tenant is hysterical.....i gotta go and it fcks my day right up. 

Definitely ??

Swarm of bees arrived at the job we are working on with owners panicking like I’ve never seen .They disappeared into the top of the oak fascia within 20 minutes .Owner wanted them dead but hopefully I talked her into leaving them .Doing no harm at all .Ill try to get vid on .

Vid too large but here’s a pic 

C30C38C5-F1CF-49DC-A5CC-7C29EFE4E256.jpeg

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Swarm of bees arrived at the job we are working on with owners panicking like I’ve never seen .They disappeared into the top of the oak fascia within 20 minutes .Owner wanted them dead but hopefully I talked her into leaving them .Doing no harm at all .Ill try to get vid on .

Vid too large but here’s a pic 

C30C38C5-F1CF-49DC-A5CC-7C29EFE4E256.jpeg

Don't be silly they are starlings ?

I wouldn't want them in my roof! All that honey up there isn't good! 

Last year I used thermal imaging to locate the extent of a honey bee colony in a wall cavity before a builder and bee keeper got them out. I actually marked the colony on the wall in chalk

• Like 1