Ferreter Needed

Hi all, I’m looking for someone to clear a village cricket ground of rabbits. I can provide the relevant permissions for anyone that wants to come and give their ferret a day out. 

I’m flexible on days and times, I just need these pests cleared. It’s getting quite dangerous at the ground with all the scrapes in the outfield. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2

Nice offer, but it’s the wrong time of year really for ferreting. If the holes are open and obvious someone may fancy it but really it’s a job for after the cricket season. If it’s possible and safe may be better to shoot them with an air rifle then ferret them in the autumn. Good luck I am sure someone will come forward to help. I would but I am not close enough. 

22 hours ago, Groundsman said:

Hi all, I’m looking for someone to clear a village cricket ground of rabbits. I can provide the relevant permissions for anyone that wants to come and give their ferret a day out. 

I’m flexible on days and times, I just need these pests cleared. It’s getting quite dangerous at the ground with all the scrapes in the outfield. 

If you want to pay then my company can do it ......

On 19/05/2019 at 22:53, Groundsman said:

I had a permission on a cricket pitch near me. The issue was not the cricket clubs but surrounding properties. It may be worth reminding them they have a duty to control rabbits when they are crossing your boundary and causing damage. Maybe also look at rabbit fencing and other deterrents?

• Like 1
On 21/05/2019 at 20:52, ryaldinhio said:

I had a permission on a cricket pitch near me. The issue was not the cricket clubs but surrounding properties. It may be worth reminding them they have a duty to control rabbits when they are crossing your boundary and causing damage. Maybe also look at rabbit fencing and other deterrents?

Edited by goldfinger
On 19/05/2019 at 22:53, Groundsman said:

Drop this request in airgun section you prob get help this time year there.

On 21/05/2019 at 12:52, ryaldinhio said:

Same problem here, as soon as a dent has been made in them their numbers are back up in no time, surrounding farms won't have anybody on to have a go at them. 

Hi Groundsman,

i would be more than happy to come and have a go with the air guns with a couple of associates if the offer still stands.  I also have ferrets but as previously stated it isn’t the right time of year for them.  When winter comes I will most certainly be out with them though!

We are all BASC full members and have been shooting air guns in excess of 15 years along with shotguns and centre fire.

Please let me know and we can arrange to meet.

Cheers 

• Like 1