8 minutes ago, kanny said:

They have gone full SJW on there recent album 

Terry Hall's a f***ing Knob.I could have seen them in Margate Tuesday night but didnt bother.After seeing them in Amsterdam I dont think I'll bother going to see them again

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to see the Specials on friday nite at Brixton academy They were bloody brilliant even my wife who is a good bit younger than me & didnt know any of there songs said they were good. Support ac

Lots to choose from but you must no this   

Seen all the Two Tone bands multiple times over the years.Without doubt the best of them musically is The Beat.Every time ive seen them they've been super tight.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kanny said:

They have gone full SJW on there recent album 

See them at Coventry a few years back (was it really 10 yrs ?) great night ?

Off to the Round House on Friday to watch The Waterboys. 

• Like 2

The specials played a gig in my neck of the woods in the late 70’s at Witcombe lodge . They bought a coach load of Coventry skins with them who were giving it “ the biggun “ . There coach got trashed and there was a riot outside . Aaah ...them were the days . I think the lodge lost its music license after that , and not long after it shut . Pity because there were some good groups playing the venue. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, baker boy said:

What a crock of shit, I used to like the Specials

Don’t feel bad mate, my dirty little secret is that I really like Billy Bragg and Paul Weller.......can’t stand the politics but like that distinctly London flavour to their voices and music.

Anyway, I always have a wry smile about the fact that Billy the lefty lives in a million quid gaff in Devon ! Lol 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, WILF said:

Don’t feel bad mate, my dirty little secret is that I really like Billy Bragg and Paul Weller.......can’t stand the politics but like that distinctly London flavour to their voices and music.

Anyway, I always have a wry smile about the fact that Billy the lefty lives in a million quid gaff in Devon ! Lol 

Same as mate , but I also liked the Clash , I even bought and wore a red brigade T shirt at one of their gigs , it was red and said Brigade Rossa , wouldn’t be seen dead in it now and to be honest I didn’t really know what it meant at the time . I don’t know about you but I can’t listen to all that stuff anymore, it was of it’s time , I will go to the odd gig and it’s a bit of nostalgia, but I don’t play it at home or in the car . I’m ashamed to say I prefer listening to Kasabien and the foo fighters . ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, kanny said:

They are playing a local festival I'm going to...hope they stick to the oldies not this virtue signalling BS 

They did have some daft tart on mid show ranting a sort of poem & shrieking most people went the bar while she was on. Atb

18 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Same as mate , but I also liked the Clash , I even bought and wore a red brigade T shirt at one of their gigs , it was red and said Brigade Rossa , wouldn’t be seen dead in it now and to be honest I didn’t really know what it meant at the time . I don’t know about you but I can’t listen to all that stuff anymore, it was of it’s time , I will go to the odd gig and it’s a bit of nostalgia, but I don’t play it at home or in the car . I’m ashamed to say I prefer listening to Kasabien and the foo fighters . ?

Ahh, mate, the 12” of Rock the Casbah was a regurlar on the record player and a bizarre mix with Skrewdeiver !! and various other bits and bobs ! Lol 

Still play Bragg in the car, not so much Weller now days but Kasabien and the FFs are well represented on my collection !

They sit in there with everything from Brutal Attack to Duelling Banjos, John Williams to King Kurt ! 

Its like musical personality disorder ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

They did have some daft tart on mid show ranting a sort of poem & shrieking most people went the bar while she was on. Atb

Its this stupid bitch.Really scraping the barrel to try and stay right on and relevant.Shame because ive always been a massive Specials fan but its really put me off them.

Screenshot_20190521-070311_Google.jpg

• Like 1