Went to see the Specials on friday nite at Brixton academy They were bloody brilliant even my wife who is a good bit younger than me & didnt know any of there songs said they were good. Support act ( the tuts ) were shocking!! Atb

• Like 8

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to see the Specials on friday nite at Brixton academy They were bloody brilliant even my wife who is a good bit younger than me & didnt know any of there songs said they were good. Support ac

Lots to choose from but you must no this   

Seen all the Two Tone bands multiple times over the years.Without doubt the best of them musically is The Beat.Every time ive seen them they've been super tight.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Went to see the Specials on friday nite at Brixton academy They were bloody brilliant even my wife who is a good bit younger than me & didnt know any of there songs said they were good. Support act ( the tuts ) were shocking!! Atb

Perfect venue (imho) for a band like that, Dublin Castle was also really good.

41 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Lots to choose from but you must no this 

When they played Ghost Town the place went nuts. Tbh they played alot of songs i’d not heard before but all songs were good. Too much to young my favorite. Atb

Seen them a few times over the years.saw them on their 30th anniversary tour 10years ago and they were amazing then again a couple of years ago and they were ok but just not the same without Neville Staple.Saw them a couple of months ago in Amsterdam and didnt rate them at all.Only 3 of the origional band left and had that silly Paki bird who was photographed at the EDL Rally on stage with them with her new skinhead haircut and a Fred Perry T shirt.

• Like 1

Like Downsouth, i've seen the Specials a few times, starting in 1980 and again like DS i've seen most Ska bands.

On Friday went with the family and friends to watch Madness (another i seen in 1980) at Aintree Racecourse. A great venue to take kids (age 10), they loved it...!