man city 3 0 up in fa cup

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

City and Liverpool this season have been great for the game......they have raised the bar so high it’s just not true. It can’t fail but to help improve every club in that league.

City played as they have all season fantastic but them Watford fans even at 5 nil were a credit to the club they were what you would say  different gravy today 

blackmag Watford fans were mint bud

Smashing side to watch as a neutral City but they are of literally no importance to English football whatsoever i dont think ive spoken to 1 neutral fan who wanted them to win the league,the way kids from all over followed Man Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea etc during those clubs periods of dominance i dont think any kids today outside of Manchester will get behind City nobody likes to admit sporting success can be bought but they have proved it can and i dont think they,ll be popular for that.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Smashing side to watch as a neutral City but they are of literally no importance to English football whatsoever i dont think ive spoken to 1 neutral fan who wanted them to win the league,the way kids from all over followed Man Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea etc during those clubs periods of dominance i dont think any kids today outside of Manchester will get behind City nobody likes to admit sporting success can be bought but they have proved it can and i dont think they,ll be popular for that.

Mate, you know and I know that there will be city fans crawling out the woodwork all over the show.....from Bromley to Bhejing and Galway to Gants Hill......it’s just the nature of these type of fannies.

However, it’s been troubling me a bit because as much as I would like to just write them off as “buying” the league I personally have to admit it’s more than that (imho)

Yes they have paid big money, but I think a lot of that is because clubs knew that when city came calling they could add 10 or 20 million to the price.....I don’t think the price is a true reflection of the players they have......almost none of that squad is worth the prices paid for them really.......you wouldn’t say that’s a team made up of the very best in the world.

Look at Sterling ?......there was a time he wasn’t worth a tanner but he is now an integral part of an awesome footballing side?.....how the f**k did that happen ?

No, it has to be something more......and you can only put it down to Guardiola (and Klopp at LFC) and the way they want to play, the spirit they inject and the mentality they coach.

I think just saying they bought the league is a massive disservice and it kills me to say that.

Edited to add:

I think City’s real financial muscle is not in what they can afford to buy, but what they can afford to write off ;) 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

So Wilf do you think had Guardiola gone to City in the 90's instead of now they would have cleaned up then as well ?....a clubs finances is not just about the players on the pitch mate its about the whole infrastructure that club from the foundations up is a totally different club to the old one have you been there as an away fan ? its like a whole new town has been built for the club,from the academy to the hotels to the ground itself it just makes them a far more appealing football club for the worlds top players to play for.....and yes players like Sterling have come on a bundle with a manager like Guardiola but again,Guardiola wouldnt of given the 90,s Man City a second glance.

Ultimately Man City have become a footballing superpower because of rich oil Sheikhs and that doesnt sit right in a historic traditional football nation like ours.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

So Wilf do you think had Guardiola gone to City in the 90's instead of now they would have cleaned up then as well ?....a clubs finances is not just about the players on the pitch mate its about the whole infrastructure that club from the foundations up is a totally different club to the old one have you been there as an away fan ? its like a whole new town has been built for the club,from the academy to the hotels to the ground itself it just makes them a far more appealing football club for the worlds top players to play for.....and yes players like Sterling have come on a bundle with a manager like Guardiola but again,Guardiola wouldnt of given the 90,s Man City a second glance.

Ultimately Man City have become a footballing superpower because of rich oil Sheikhs and that doesnt sit right in a historic traditional football nation like ours.

I have not been there mate, but I hear you loud and clear.

Every club is doing it with ground redevelopment etc......been saying it for years, they are going for the “American model” of team sport.

Its all about brand establishment......I know all of that pal.

it’s why I like non league......However, City are competing with clubs just like them and given the fact the playing field is level in that regard then I stick by what I said.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, delswal said:

Big named managers go to big clubs with big money, who was the last big named manager who went to a rag tag club and turned their fortunes around ? 

I’d like to see it, just to see what would happen.

8 hours ago, WILF said:

I’d like to see it, just to see what would happen.

Jose mourinho at Sunderland could be an interesting one...................ooopps sorry there a massive club 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, WILF said:

I have not been there mate, but I hear you loud and clear.

Every club is doing it with ground redevelopment etc......been saying it for years, they are going for the “American model” of team sport.

Its all about brand establishment......I know all of that pal.

it’s why I like non league......However, City are competing with clubs just like them and given the fact the playing field is level in that regard then I stick by what I said.

But the playing field isnt level as the whole FFP investigation is now proving....at any level of the game its the same now Wilf even non league,like i was telling you myself and a couple of pals have invested in a local club so im starting to see how things work.....non league clubs no longer measure themself against other clubs by reputation they measure themself by wage structure.....if the red team have a squad budget of 20k per week and the blue team only have a budget of 5k per week the red team will pretty much bank on that as a 3 pointer......there are non league players on 3 - 4k per week nowadays playing against players on a longun per week so its going on throughout the game.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, delswal said:

Big named managers go to big clubs with big money, who was the last big named manager who went to a rag tag club and turned their fortunes around ? 

David moyses at Sunderland but when the club realised they couldn't match his ambition they got rid 

• Haha 1

I've got a pal whose a big City fan, came from the area. He told me a couple of years back that City wanted to let fans in for free but the league top brass would not allow it due to fair play rules. 

3 minutes ago, liP said:

I've got a pal whose a big City fan, came from the area. He told me a couple of years back that City wanted to let fans in for free but the league top brass would not allow it due to fair play rules. 

And there you go.....most clubs need the dough turnstyles provide......City dont.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

But the playing field isnt level as the whole FFP investigation is now proving....at any level of the game its the same now Wilf even non league,like i was telling you myself and a couple of pals have invested in a local club so im starting to see how things work.....non league clubs no longer measure themself against other clubs by reputation they measure themself by wage structure.....if the red team have a squad budget of 20k per week and the blue team only have a budget of 5k per week the red team will pretty much bank on that as a 3 pointer......there are non league players on 3k/4k per week nowadays playing against players on a longun per week so its going on throughout the game.

Nash not being nosey here but I look around at some non league clubs and I see some big investment by business men when years ago it was normally some local who made good likes of Salford fylde etc as a example that have a top set up and ground  I got talking to a coach last season on a fylde game when a young lad came on you could see he was a level above with his touch vision etc  and was being scouted by villa and derby when he told me what he was on wages wise and what he could bring them in a transfer that could keep the club afloat for a year but that was it non league football is certainly on the up which can only be a good thing but I struggle to see how any invester can get anything back 

Edited by Blackmag