FX Royale 400 .177?

Hi all,

It’s been a while since I last posted, I shoot a HW100 & an FN19 Lighthunter, both have been tuned and are .22 they are cracking rifles. The HW100 is super efficient & accurate, the FN19 when in it’s sweet post is still a very efficient hunting tool and accurate.

I have been working flat out recently and want to get a third air rifle, self treat! I was thinking of the FX Royale 400 in .177 (as always have shot .22 for hunting). 2 questions:

Does anyone shoot FX, are they as accurate & good as the reviews say in a hunting environment?

Is .177 a good hunting calibre for rabbits, squizzers etc?

Cheers...

Edited by Gaoler

I am an FX fan having had four of them and use an FAC Impact in .25 now. I have not had a Royale but their reputation is excellent and one of our admin (IanB) has one in FAC which he loves. This rifle has been a very popular rifle in the USA although it is sold there in what we call FAC but it has a sound hunting history.

FX are very accurate and I have no reason to think otherwise of this one. If the price is right and the condition is good, BUY IT.

Is .177 cal good for hunting.......................................OH YES, it has a massive following on here and every other forum so believe me, you will not regret the move. Trajectory is flatter so I found it easier to use and I am certain others will tell you the same.

We have an FX club on here as well although we tend to post everything on the general forum but here it is for you to look through.

https://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/clubs/

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thats great, thanks for the advice, I will go on the club forum too.

I am going to buy new (I have worked the hours, so a self treat) may even put an FX scope and mounts on. I have never shot a twist barrel. .177 it is too.

John...

20 minutes ago, Gaoler said:

Hi Phil,

Thats great, thanks for the advice, I will go on the club forum too.

I am going to buy new (I have worked the hours, so a self treat) may even put an FX scope and mounts on. I have never shot a twist barrel. .177 it is too.

John...

You might want to look at the newer FX Crown which has more technical features than the Royale but also has a higher price tag, it's down to budget really just be happy with your choice and enjoy the rifle.

Phil

16 minutes ago, philpot said:

You might want to look at the newer FX Crown which has more technical features than the Royale but also has a higher price tag, it's down to budget really just be happy with your choice and enjoy the rifle.

Phil

I am going Monday to my local gun shop, they have both, Royale & Crown, there is an offer on the Royale with the laminate stock  at the moment, so will shoot both in .177, see how they feel and shoot.

will keep you posted...

John.

• Like 1

On YouTube nearly all the reviews are from Australia & the USA, all in FAC...

It seems .177 is the way forward in sub 12ft lb, more so if I choose the Crown.  I have emptied the piggy bank ready for Monday!!

1 hour ago, Gaoler said:

On YouTube nearly all the reviews are from Australia & the USA, all in FAC...

It seems .177 is the way forward in sub 12ft lb, more so if I choose the Crown.  I have emptied the piggy bank ready for Monday!!

Right first off

there nice rifles like phil iv had the impact but alas found it to light for me (i like a heavy rifle) so i got rid

and yes it was 177

Now iv been a 22 man for most of my life but im now a 177 man

but in saying that both are as good as each other

iv only got one 22 now well its my grandsons but stays hear with mine

and as for hunting well thats what got me into 177

just pick the right pellet for the rifle as you may find some rabbits will run then drop as the pellet will go strait through

i find the jsb heavys do this time and time again

any way enjoy it and stay safe

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0041 (2).JPG

Cheers Jimmy (I hope that’s right!)

I am out this afternoon on a permission, taking my FN19 Lighthunter .22 out, once in her sweet spot the old girl is still a good hunting tool...

John...