Okay to shoot now ? General Licence ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyway. Enough of this flirtin’. Farmers invited me out tomorrow with his land manager and shotties. Corvids the target.  He doesn’t give two fucks, and neither do I. Only going to watch ????

Packham's a c**t but, there's a host of people and departments responsible for this balls up.   I'm concerned that someone may be be looking to make an example of a shooter in the sort term

well ive just watched all that shite  and as of last year i tried every thing else and it didnt work  so i will go back to shooting crows as all other means dont work ?

Posted Images

I was having a look at the laser units that were put forward by WJ as a means of scaring the birds away as they don't like the laser in their faces ................... well who would BUT  farms that have tested these units are in various parts of the world are not quite the same landscape as here and I don't think any were tested here in the UK but I stand to be corrected if I have that point wrong. Now the greatest success was Texas, a huge totally flat land where you can see for miles with no stone walls, high hedgerows etc etc but even there they have to have a number of units in place at £10k each as you need an automatic unit otherwise it needs someone to direct the laser at the birds.

I would think on all my perms, it would need a unit to almost every field as there are high hedges so the beam cannot work in the next field OR perhaps the farmers could cut down all the hedges for them to work....................oh, just a thought here, what would happen to all the little birds who live in the hedge, oh well food for corvids I guess but even then the land in the uk is flat in places but there are so many hills, folds, wolds, valleys......................let us just say, none flat areas.

I just wish the WJ had at least a couple of farmers and shooters or BASC reps who could explain why these great ideas don't work. For heavens sake is nobody going explain this to DEFRA or the government what the hell is going on although as we are about to change our Prime Minister in the next few days, I guess they couldn't give a toss at the moment.

My brain hurts

Phil

39 minutes ago, philpot said:

I was having a look at the laser units that were put forward by WJ as a means of scaring the birds away as they don't like the laser in their faces ................... well who would BUT  farms that have tested these units are in various parts of the world are not quite the same landscape as here and I don't think any were tested here in the UK but I stand to be corrected if I have that point wrong. Now the greatest success was Texas, a huge totally flat land where you can see for miles with no stone walls, high hedgerows etc etc but even there they have to have a number of units in place at £10k each as you need an automatic unit otherwise it needs someone to direct the laser at the birds.

I would think on all my perms, it would need a unit to almost every field as there are high hedges so the beam cannot work in the next field OR perhaps the farmers could cut down all the hedges for them to work....................oh, just a thought here, what would happen to all the little birds who live in the hedge, oh well food for corvids I guess but even then the land in the uk is flat in places but there are so many hills, folds, wolds, valleys......................let us just say, none flat areas.

I just wish the WJ had at least a couple of farmers and shooters or BASC reps who could explain why these great ideas don't work. For heavens sake is nobody going explain this to DEFRA or the government what the hell is going on although as we are about to change our Prime Minister in the next few days, I guess they couldn't give a toss at the moment.

My brain hurts

Phil

If you can put yourself through it phil watch this!!!

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/3610d6cf-6d1e-45ed-ab7f-3b6c0f9a5c43?fbclid=IwAR2MCV3U8I2yr8Z1k_YUrzBjI8rN9QQdLgr3l2B-DoQRMuxQ01qUzjKcahs

basically from the horses mouth... no scarecrows are mentioned and if you’ve tried in pervious seasons and it didn’t work  shoot them!!

• Like 2

Lasers are governed by so many Health n Safety rules ,we use Lasers at work to burn a barcode with production details on .They are "guided " through special no reflective lenses so no 1 gets blinded or even worse burned as it would "radiation" burn you.

The idea that willy nilly lasers of shanghai would be allowed to sell "birld scary laszer" to farmer bill without certification is a none runner , i live 6 miles from east midlands airport .The pilots would be going dolally if all these laser beams were whizzing around them trying to target flocks of pigeons ,but not so civil servants latch on to such stupidity or sink their teeth in and we suffer imho

• Like 1
5 hours ago, si brown said:

If you can put yourself through it phil watch this!!!

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/3610d6cf-6d1e-45ed-ab7f-3b6c0f9a5c43?fbclid=IwAR2MCV3U8I2yr8Z1k_YUrzBjI8rN9QQdLgr3l2B-DoQRMuxQ01qUzjKcahs

basically from the horses mouth... no scarecrows are mentioned and if you’ve tried in pervious seasons and it didn’t work  shoot them!!

Whats it all mean? Just got it on in another tab but jeez, its goes on a while ? 

Please dont tell me its on for 14 f'kin hours?!

• 3 months later...
On 29/09/2019 at 18:31, C3PO said:

What’s the situation now? Has anything been properly clarified?

You can but you can’t. Do as you will as long and you won’t ?

I’m taking birds, but only at the landowners say so, and with them signing paper work saying they’ve tried other options. It’s something they’ve implemented and I have to go along with it. Obviously.

• Like 2