Okay to shoot now ? General Licence ?

10 minutes ago, Deker said:

I'm pretty confident when (IF) England ever get them right, Wales and Scotland will follow pretty sharpish!

:thumbs:

Even more un-policeable over here as local bobbys are like chicken lips???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyway. Enough of this flirtin’. Farmers invited me out tomorrow with his land manager and shotties. Corvids the target.  He doesn’t give two fucks, and neither do I. Only going to watch ????

Packham's a c**t but, there's a host of people and departments responsible for this balls up.   I'm concerned that someone may be be looking to make an example of a shooter in the sort term

well ive just watched all that shite  and as of last year i tried every thing else and it didnt work  so i will go back to shooting crows as all other means dont work ?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Even more un-policeable over here as local bobbys are like chicken lips???

I'm not sure who will actually be charged with enforcing the New GL.  I suspect the Police, but they will no doubt plead poverty and lack of resources, so income tax/community charge will have to go up to fund more boys in blue....Thanks again Mr Packham!

Packham's a c**t but, there's a host of people and departments responsible for this balls up.

I'm concerned that someone may be be looking to make an example of a shooter in the sort term but, realistically I don't think that there's the stomach or the funding to actually police this bollocks. Especially in rural areas where the local copper will understand the needs of his community.

At the moment, I reckon crack on as normal and keep schtum - probably a bit easier with air rifles than shotguns.

Good luck everyone :thumbs:

• Like 4

Anyway. Enough of this flirtin’. Farmers invited me out tomorrow with his land manager and shotties. Corvids the target. 

He doesn’t give two fucks, and neither do I. Only going to watch ????

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Well the farmers I shoot for, tell me to "thin" out the crows. And they don't give a shit about pigeons, or Chris Packham come to that!

We have tried scaring the birds off but, that lasts for only moments before they are back worrying the sheep and lambs or the pigeons descend back onto the crops.. If you trap them, then what? Release them, only to have them go attacking livestock again?

The only effective control is shooting them. 

I don't  want to get into trouble with the law and have my rifles confiscated. 

What are we supposed to do? It's alright saying the police won't be too bothered to enforce these particular laws. There is always the jobsworth who, gleefully will.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, timmytree said:

Right now Simon I'm not shooting anything with feathers. I'm going to wait and see what comes from Gove and DEFRA.

Sadly I agree and have taken the same stand point unless of course my perm farmers have indeed taken out the temporary license that was being offered by NE.

Phil

This is why I posted this post, if we look back ?

If we follow GL 31 does it mean crop protection can resume ?

That is why I asked if anyone could tell me the answer in English. :hmm:

ATB  Mark.

• Like 1

If I lived in England I'd read it for myself rather than asking someone else's interpretation of it. If the shit hit the fan, saying some bloke on a forum told you it was o.k wouldn't get you very far.

7 minutes ago, villaman said:

With out reading all that crap , can we shoot or not 

Basically, yep, if there causing plenty of aggro with the crop and such. If there not, no. So really, for airgunners, no, as shooting 4-5 wouldn't justify the them being shot, as 4-5 is neither here nore there. 

I think anyway.