Okay to shoot now ? General Licence ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyway. Enough of this flirtin’. Farmers invited me out tomorrow with his land manager and shotties. Corvids the target.  He doesn’t give two fucks, and neither do I. Only going to watch ????

Packham's a c**t but, there's a host of people and departments responsible for this balls up.   I'm concerned that someone may be be looking to make an example of a shooter in the sort term

well ive just watched all that shite  and as of last year i tried every thing else and it didnt work  so i will go back to shooting crows as all other means dont work ?

Posted Images

I'm going to wait after reading through the very accurate BASC reports/ surveys of the matter.

They really are getting to the "real truth" of things . :)

atb. Mark.

11 minutes ago, Rez said:

Basically, yep, if there causing plenty of aggro with the crop and such. If there not, no. So really, for airgunners, no, as shooting 4-5 wouldn't justify the them being shot, as 4-5 is neither here nore there. 

I think anyway. 

Four or five ? :rofl:

You need to come back down for "some more" lessons Rez.

Tommy. x :bye:

• Thanks 1
Just now, mark williams said:

Four or five ? :rofl:

You need to come back down for "some more" lessons Rez.

Tommy. x :bye:

W ⚓️ R ?

• Haha 1

Pigeons ,,,pigeons pigeons

WHAT ABOUT THE CROWS

come on Tim help me out here

and im not on about crops its the lambs

fecked if im going to lose any perms just because some stuck up twat says i cant shoot them

ill just go as i did feck them

atvbjimmy:cray::cray::cray:

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, timmytree said:

GL 26 mate, unfortunately it's just as useless as GL31 for woodpigeons. GL 26 is just for livestock protection, there will be another GL for crops.

I've read through the GL and gone through all the problems that BASC have picked up on, for me it's not worth the risk. If you can get out and try some of the non lethal methods first you are doing something to comply with the law but please read the GL first and also the BASC report.

Agreed, this is not the time or the place to be shouting about potentially breaking the Law, however much of a pain this situation is, we need to show a responsible attitude!

I understand that it was allegedly some twit shooting birds in a field next to Packhams house who didn't understand the GL that started this whole business!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, walshie said:

If I lived in England I'd read it for myself rather than asking someone else's interpretation of it. If the shit hit the fan, saying some bloke on a forum told you it was o.k wouldn't get you very far.

Whilst the GL may have been poorly worded historically that is exactly the problem, people never read/understood it.  The attitude that seemed to prevail (for those that even knew a GL existed) was, it's on the GL so I can shoot it, they never considered the conditions!!!!!!!!!!!????????

• Like 1
Just now, Deker said:

Whilst the GL may have been poorly worded historically that is exactly the problem, people never read/understood it.  The attitude that seemed to prevail (for those that even knew a GL existed) was, it's on the GL so I can shoot it, they never considered the conditions!!!!!!!!!!!????????

I've been saying that for a long time mate. All birds are protected (with the obvious exception of game birds and their shooting seasons). The GL is an exemption from the protected status, as long as certain conditions are met first. It's never been a carte blanche to shoot at will. Unfortunately it might have been ignorance of this, or choosing to ignore it that has caused the aggro for all the respectful shooters out there.

In my humble opinion its an easy one to sort out overnight to avoid pages and pages of bullshit and bollocks from all angles.

Simply class woodies, crows, rooks, magpies for starters the same as rabbits where the landowner and one nominated other is obliged to contril the numbers due to the damage they cause. It really is that simple and it would stop all this tripe thats spouted on here and you tube and the news etc because it seems everyone wants to take the moral highground now its too late and be cautious and bow down to the antis. I say balls to them. Its not about being rebellious and shouting off, its about letting the nosey b#$tards see that we have common sense and conservation is a big part of what we are all trying to achieve.

Rant over.

Makes me laugh when these politically correct desk jockeys, try non-lethal methods first. What do they think Bird scarers are, scarecrows, flags, hawk kites ect.

Where I shoot pigeons when a bird scarer go off the pigeons lift and about 20 seconds later if that they drop back in. I would like to see what non-lethal methods they have in mind that has not already been tried. 

Mr Packham there is millions of crows for 1 reason, they are smart enough to realise non lethal methods are non lethal ya dummy. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, delswal said:

Makes me laugh when these politically correct desk jockeys, try non-lethal methods first. What do they think Bird scarers are, scarecrows, flags, hawk kites ect.

Where I shoot pigeons when a bird scarer go off the pigeons lift and about 20 seconds later if that they drop back in. I would like to see what non-lethal methods they have in mind that has not already been tried. 

Mr Packham there is millions of crows for 1 reason, they are smart enough to realise non lethal methods are non lethal ya dummy. 

You forgot to mention, farmers are meant to change crops, move fields, erect barriers, etc etc etc as well as the above methods.

:laugh::thumbs:

''In an interview with the Radio Times ahead of a new series of Springwatch, the naturalist said that, while opposing various culling programmes he regards as ineffective, there are times when it is appropriate to selectively kill animals.''

He regards as ineffective ....................................oh well, thats okay then. Selectively kill animals, GIVE ME STRENGTH>

Phil

• Like 1

Any got any dettol thats suppose to clear germs ,this parasite will turn up at an opening of an envelope if theres a few grand in it for him.It,s such a feeble effort to appease the farming/shooting community but news flash boyo it,s too late youve caused chaos and are as popular as a turd on a wedding  cake 

• Like 1