27 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont care how they behave im not interested in cats ... i dont get whats so hard to understand its your pet not mine.....why should i put up with the mayhem your pet causes in my garden ?

Totally get that gnash , but there surely has to be a ways and means to go about things . 

i know you like the birds and the fish , surely it can’t be  that much of a chore to cat proof in addition to protecting from birds etc 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never quite get why people think it’s ok or no big deal to kill somebody’s cat ... it could be some small child’s pet or an oap’s only form of company ... if it was a dog people on here would have a

Must admit im in total agreement with Fireman and Shark cats are a pain in the arse i dont even know why people want to keep an animal as a pet only to let it roam wherever it pleases its your pet you

if they are off owners property free roaming at night,then they are fair game in my book....had new neighbours move in few yrs back,they had a few cats.i explained to them that I wasn't happy with the

Posted Images

16 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Totally get that gnash , but there surely has to be a ways and means to go about things . 

i know you like the birds and the fish , surely it can’t be  that much of a chore to cat proof in addition to protecting from birds etc 

So that i cant see them you mean ?.....ive seen a cat climbing up the aviary wire onto the roof before how do i protect against that ?

And should i have to protect my pets from your pets on my own property ?....besides which if i regularly pay a few quid to a gardener to keep the gaff immaculate should i have to worry about your pets coming in digging beds up making it look a state ?

You see this is the problem mate i dont want any hassle with you....so how do we resolve this ?

• Like 2

Can understand everyone’s point of view on this, I’m not a cat lover or hater but they can be a nuisance especially when the dogs can see them from their runs, stalking the bird feeders or shitting in the flower beds but I’ll not intentionally try to kill them but they enter my yard at their own risk and I won’t loose any sleep if one ends up taking a permanent cat nap. 

10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

So that i cant see them you mean ?.....ive seen a cat climbing up the aviary wire onto the roof before how do i protect against that ?

And should i have to protect my pets from your pets on my own property ?....besides which if i regularly pay a few quid to a gardener to keep the gaff immaculate should i have to worry about your pets coming in digging beds up making it look a state ?

You see this is the problem mate i dont want any hassle with you....so how do we resolve this ?

Shoot the cat ?

On 17/05/2019 at 20:57, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I said something years ago on moochers ken about lads thinking they were clever lamping cats and taking pics of the missing poster. 

These were well respected members and grown men. 

You should have seen the messages I got. 

Laughable 

Not read the whole thread...

But years ago remember scroats off the estate bolting cats from under cars and killing them with lurchers.... wankers then and probably still wankers now..no understanding of hunting, countryside, or general morals in life...

• Like 3
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Not read the whole thread...

But years ago remember scroats off the estate bolting cats from under cars and killing them with lurchers.... wankers then and probably still wankers now..no understanding of hunting, countryside, or general morals in life...

No doubt the same from Devon to yorkshire, dick heads with dogs 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Sure not long ago there was a whole posse of clowns jailed and banned from dogs over summat similar 

sure they were from Belfast 

shaking cats out of trees for bull Xs 

Idiots.............a decent bull x would shake the tree its self 

• Haha 1
On 18/05/2019 at 20:40, WILF said:

Mate, soppy has nothing to do with it......it’s no badge of honour having a 70lb lurcher marmalise  a 2lb moggy !

Rinsing some old ladies only friend in the world don’t make somebody “hardcore”......come and tell folks about killing game after the dog has been fired into its 6th pig of the night ! 

That's the difference imo...

I'm not a cat person at all....no idea what use something that basically does not like you is...

But there are/were lads that saw them.as sport, well kill anything types... I know cats are c**ts...but not for me killing others pets..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

Read the whole thread now...

For what it's worth, cats really aren't my thing.... my brother has the biggest twat of a cat I've ever cone across, he kills everything...from mice to pigeons and everything in between... id have him up my place around the barns to keep the rodents down but I think he'd kill the dogs....Greyman would like this one!! Lol...

Got to agree about the difference in standards between keeping dogs and cats...they are a f***ing pain....and amongst every good cat owner some don't give a shit, unfortunately the cats shit everywhere but their own garden...lol...

Still....I've never intentionally hurt one and never would...it's still some muppets pet...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:11, shaaark said:

I find it laughable, and hypocritical, that cats are allowed to roam where they like, but dogs aint. No-one, these days anyway, would be allowed to let their dogs  roam the streets like they used to up until the 80's I think, when dog wardens popped up on the scene. Not saying anyone should let their dogs freely roam the streets, of course not. But why cats are allowed to do so, especially knowing how much damage they do to the songbird population and wildlife in general, is beyond me.

I remember talking to an old fella when years ago when  I was walking my bullterrier, he said when he was a kid in Islington probably in the 1950's, a black Lab and a bullterrier were pals and every morning would take themselves off, he said people would see them in the west end, south of the river all over the place then they'd be back in the evening.

I've had cats about the place most of my life, saves taking up the floorboards when you poison the mice! When my cats have gone missing it's a shame but hey ho, different story if it was my dog though!

my dogs have usually been ok with my cats, the cats have to learn their place, any other cats that's a different story!

ps about the original post how lucky would you be to have a cat that earned you millions, the most I've got from one of my cats is a wood pigeon breast and very nice it was too!

Edited by robertb123