Getting excited, litter on the way

My bitch Heidi is approx 5 weeks in pup confirmed by a scan last week. 

She is out of a tall racey collie grey, whippet grey bitch with a touch of deerhound owned by D. Poxon and her sire was a serious bedlington greyhound "Gyp". 

She had a decent season but called it short early due to an injury so made the decision to breed her now whilst she has the summer off. 

Sire is a serious dog himself out of a primarily deerhound greyhound bitch with a touch of collie and whippet, and his sire was a huntsmans bedlington x greyhound. This dog does the business daytime and on the lamp, similar size and build to my Heidi but a thicker coat and stronger head. 

Really looking forward to seeing what she will produce, first time I've bred a lurcher so any hints and tips gratefully received ?

20190517_165034.jpg

• Like 18

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch Heidi is approx 5 weeks in pup confirmed by a scan last week.  She is out of a tall racey collie grey, whippet grey bitch with a touch of deerhound owned by D. Poxon and her sire was a s

Nice dogs ?

Can imagine these pups being excellent general purpose lurchers 

Posted Images

hope all goes well for you with the mating, good strong healhy looking animals, good jackets and a handy  sizefor al round mooching,if I were a bit closer and had a few more rabbits to go for would have certainly considered a pup from this mating.atb

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Vicky Steadman said:

My bitch Heidi is approx 5 weeks in pup confirmed by a scan last week. 

She is out of a tall racey collie grey, whippet grey bitch with a touch of deerhound owned by D. Poxon and her sire was a serious bedlington greyhound "Gyp". 

She had a decent season but called it short early due to an injury so made the decision to breed her now whilst she has the summer off. 

Sire is a serious dog himself out of a primarily deerhound greyhound bitch with a touch of collie and whippet, and his sire was a huntsmans bedlington x greyhound. This dog does the business daytime and on the lamp, similar size and build to my Heidi but a thicker coat and stronger head. 

Really looking forward to seeing what she will produce, first time I've bred a lurcher so any hints and tips gratefully received ?

20190517_165034.jpg

Nice dogs ?

Edited by Black neck
Wrong person sorry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the stamp of the dam especially. Not much to say it terms of advice, except find a quiet suitable place for her to welp, and give her and the pups plenty of decent grub, worm regular etc, all pretty standard stuff 

• Like 4