whippet x poodle

1 minute ago, poxon said:

Was waiting for you to comment with words of wisdom shark ??

Not that wise at all mate lol. But seriously, I do know of many hancock dogs that are great workers, and alot of their owners wouldn't go near a computer ?

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've often thought of puting a standard poodle over one of my whippets,they are not the poofy dogs people think.My solicitor has 2 and she was threatened by a violent client,the dogs had to be dragged

I have yet to see a whippet work nettles and brambles and general cover as good as a beddy whippet. not all beddywhippet are bred out of show stuff. I used to think anyone with anything about them was

I just joined tonight to see if anyone was working this kind of mix. I have a poodle cross lurcher. She's out of a small working saluki/greyhound x miniature poodle. Not at all poofy and sound tempera

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not that wise at all mate lol. But seriously, I do know of many hancock dogs that are great workers, and alot of their owners wouldn't go near a computer ?

Yeah computers are for steers 

29 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I get you ?. But it might well've been the lab blood that was responsible for doing your head in lol ?

Might of been the water ? but most of the poodle crosses in that area were bonkers and some of the dogs from the  same place were, found out she was from a kennels that bred cockerpoos /labradoodles etc 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Might of been the water ? but most of the poodle crosses in that area were bonkers and some of the dogs from the  same place were, found out she was from a kennels that bred cockerpoos /labradoodles etc 

Pet bred, mentally unsound type to another pet bred, mentally unsound type, for breeding/money's sake. The ruination of modern day dogs, on the whole ?

Blacky, don't just put a thumbs up to my 'eh'? Explain yourself man. What in the blue blazes is wrong with you of late?! ?

Even brother salt is making more sense than you. Come on mate, sort yourself out ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Blacky, don't just put a thumbs up to my 'eh'? Explain yourself man. What in the blue blazes is wrong with you of late?! ?

Even brother salt is making more sense than you. Come on mate, sort yourself out ?

If I could put it into words furg believe me I would 

My brother had a Russell/ poodle x whippet and she was the clevererest little ferreting dog i have seen so far. She could jump a six foot fence and swim well and looked like a small woolly whippet. She may have been a one off though.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, bsasuperten said:

ok lads stop laughing had whippet x bedlington but i think they have poor coats bedlington not quick enough by itself so has anyone ever worked the above cross probably called a designer dog now but the poodle is 2nd to the collie for brains lets have your thoughts

bsasuperten

What have you got in mind mate, a min poodle x whippet, or standard poodle x whippet? 

15 minutes ago, talt said:

My brother had a Russell/ poodle x whippet and she was the clevererest little ferreting dog i have seen so far. She could jump a six foot fence and swim well and looked like a small woolly whippet. She may have been a one off though.

I can’t work out why you don’t see more Russell or patterdale x whippets bred from workers would make great little dogs I would thought .

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've often thought of puting a standard poodle over one of my whippets,they are not the poofy dogs people think.My solicitor has 2 and she was threatened by a violent client,the dogs had to be dragged off him.The coats not great for here but they are athletic,smart and people orientated.Crossed with a working line whippet or grey would be an interesting dog.

true regards the standard poodle, there not a poofy dog , far from it, a pub i used to use had  2 males black one and brown , both good size  say about 26 in   70lb strong dogs and great guards , they bite you if you went anywhere by the gaffers  quarters .if x back to grew they make handy rabbit dog, you get not bad coat  and good brain all poodles are clever .

• Like 1

Right here we go,depends what yas want thy jukel for edible soft mouthed fur and feather type  mooching  catapulting general moocher water fowl etc,they can be okay how many folk are there left that acquire these skill sets in a jukel not many,even fewer have the skill ta train a jukel ta the standard required. Lots a standard poodles still worked overseas check utube out working standards .has a boy I had a miniature poodle xs non ped whippet accidental mat img very intelligent loved ta please was coming on fine but got stolen around twelve mths so never got ta see her full ability ,don't get thinking modern types a keepers would justify this type the majority would seem them has rubbish like I say different times different required attributes expected from the majority of lurcher keepers what I do know poodles have engines don't overheat have excellent noses take ta water naturally .atb bill

• Like 1