mxy up and down the country

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand the need to cull every rabbit.  Release in areas where they are sparse . But I advise doing it around towns and houses . Places the shooters can't whack them . Let there numbers get

Not seen no mixy round here last year was seeing pretty decent numbers of rabbits were I’d recently moved thought I was in for a really good season with the young un but about a month before the crops

Don't know about myx in our area but actually saw a real live rabbit the other day. Lol. Fckg amazing. Jok.

Not seen no mixy round here last year was seeing pretty decent numbers of rabbits were I’d recently moved thought I was in for a really good season with the young un but about a month before the crops come down it was like they up sticks an left i was finding just random dead rabbits while out wi the dog they looked in perfect condition not shot or carrying mixy just random dead rabbits dotted about on the spots I visited definitely vhd virus. All winter it’s been the odd couple dotted about on the lamp in each field then on to the next field ferreting the best I got off a sheep field hedge row was six then after that 1s an 2s I give up all my ferreting permission as it was pointless tbh an gave my Jill’s away to a lad who had the rabbit numbers to go at as I thought it was pointless owning the ferrets if I couldn’t get them the work that he could offer them on condition he sorts me out if my numbers improve round here. Although round here hasn’t been the best for any numbers me an the young un have ticked over at a steady consistent pace all season I’ve changed my methods of doing things by dropping the ferreting by giving more opportunity for mooching I think it’s payed off my young un seems to adapted really well and has been blessed with if something is about she’ll find it an run it she seems really high prey driven I’m just glad I took the advice I was given years ago with running dogs don’t ever restrict your self with a small Lurcher only bred for one job alway keep your opinions open 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, poxon said:

Not seen no mixy round here last year was seeing pretty decent numbers of rabbits were I’d recently moved thought I was in for a really good season with the young un but about a month before the crops come down it was like they up sticks an left i was finding just random dead rabbits while out wi the dog they looked in perfect condition not shot or carrying mixy just random dead rabbits dotted about on the spots I visited definitely vhd virus. All winter it’s been the odd couple dotted about on the lamp in each field then on to the next field ferreting the best I got off a sheep field hedge row was six then after that 1s an 2s I give up all my ferreting permission as it was pointless tbh an gave my Jill’s away to a lad who had the rabbit numbers to go at as I thought it was pointless owning the ferrets if I couldn’t get them the work that he could offer them on condition he sorts me out if my numbers improve round here. Although round here hasn’t been the best for any numbers me an the young un have ticked over at a steady consistent pace all season I’ve changed my methods of doing things by dropping the ferreting by giving more opportunity for mooching I think it’s payed off my young un seems to adapted really well and has been blessed with if something is about she’ll find it an run it she seems really high prey driven I’m just glad I took the advice I was given years ago with running dogs don’t ever restrict your self with a small Lurcher only bred for one job alway keep your opinions open 

Ar cant beat a mooch round never know what's a crop up

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Ar cant beat a mooch round never know what's a crop up

Definitely big man meant to be getting out tomorrow to put some miles down with me mate An his gun dog see if we can push a few bits an bobs about ??

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Rabbits numbers are exploding here this year so far, so bad I’m having to thin them out an Iv never had to do that over a summer yet

Yes but you live in the promised land?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Struggled to get enough silage last year. An so need as much grass as possible this year an like I said it’s a crackin year so far for rabbits an if it’s keeps up then I can see Mixy kicking in or summat anyways before season starts, but can’t sit about waiting to see if it does. The wee fcukers are eating all the grass already haha an no matter what folks say, dales farmers like lots of others elsewhere are nowt but grass farmers anyways, without the grass they got nowt☹️

Myxi it always turns up when numbers look good had no mixi atall last year then it showed up in October ?

56 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Struggled to get enough silage last year. An so need as much grass as possible this year an like I said it’s a crackin year so far for rabbits an if it’s keeps up then I can see Mixy kicking in or summat anyways before season starts, but can’t sit about waiting to see if it does. The wee fcukers are eating all the grass already haha an no matter what folks say, dales farmers like lots of others elsewhere are nowt but grass farmers anyways, without the grass they got nowt☹️

keep them happy katchy. they are all tighter than two coats of paint 

• Like 1
On 16/05/2019 at 17:56, Saltmoon said:

Didn't see any mixy down my way winter and not much bunnys either but I'm seeing them all the time now but look clear so far. Devon is where am 

It’s been on north Dartmoor for a while. My busher has had a couple in March up there with myxi. 

2 minutes ago, white van man said:

It’s been on north Dartmoor for a while. My busher has had a couple in March up there with myxi. 

Won't be long before it's down with me then I reckon shame I have been seeing a fair few bunnys about was Hoping numbers would be up this season 

22 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Won't be long before it's down with me then I reckon shame I have been seeing a fair few bunnys about was Hoping numbers would be up this season 

Yeah maybe. This was towards Lydford. Maybe isolated as I havnt seen any with it around the okehampton area 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, fred90 said:

just back from north Devon. Bideford, horns cross area. didn't see a single rabbit all week. not even 1 sat at side of road surprised me really. 

Saw a nice big hare outside bideford back lanes in middle of nowhere first hare I've seen in years 

2 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Saw a nice big hare outside bideford back lanes in middle of nowhere first hare I've seen in years 

just been on holiday with missus and took little dog with me. did a lot of walking and thought there would be more stuff about. lots of badgers run over. 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

just been on holiday with missus and took little dog with me. did a lot of walking and thought there would be more stuff about. lots of badgers run over. 

Always seeing badgers on side of the road and seeing more and more deer aswell