D Lloyd

Some thing different

26 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Something that's physically able and driven enough to make a decent courser and push it own boundaries can usually manage other jobs. My bitch, although of unusual breeding for the UK, is a case in point. Bred as a competitive courser and successful at it then at 3 years quickly picked up lamping and mooching taking a variety of game to a decent standard whilst retaining the ability to manage a long run on decent land.  Good recovery and strike and now six years old, a little beaten and battered looking but completely sound. My only  caveat would be to go for something from parents that have a bit of pace about them as I find it makes a difference when lamping etc to have a bit of acceleration.

IMG_20190414_140347.jpg.28bac31287bfad2d1aba05fed26d0fa4.jpg

Nice bitch and good in put cheers s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, two crows said:

why's that mate, I used to mooch, ferret, course, mine for years never a problem, then I had a few years lamping a couple of nights a week and coursing Saturdays with do dramas even did that with a pure, but to be honest d.l you need one from a faster line, some of the lines can throw plodders, and they wont be sharp enough, for a bit of allsorts imho good luck.

Cheers makes sense nice to have a good bit of chat on here it's been a wile

23 hours ago, bendrover said:

Pm d . But big Glen is the sire . Dogs a legend 

how is he bred benny?

On 16/05/2019 at 17:05, W. Katchum said:

You breedin anything pal?

Got a little last attempt going with our own stuff but weve had no luck so not holding my breath. Prob have to go down the route of buying sommat in.

Edited by C.green

7 hours ago, two crows said:

why's that mate, I used to mooch, ferret, course, mine for years never a problem, then I had a few years lamping a couple of nights a week and coursing Saturdays with do dramas even did that with a pure, but to be honest d.l you need one from a faster line, some of the lines can throw plodders, and they wont be sharp enough, for a bit of allsorts imho good luck.

My terrier cross catches rabbits out with ferret to me thats nothing. I find alot of them can overrun stuff on the lamp dont get me wrong they force alot of mistakes out of stuff also but i dont like the way they run a good daytime hare killers style shouldnt really suit to the lamp in my mind.seen a few that did ok on the lamp but seen alot more not very good than good.

5 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

Cheers mate witch dogs and bitches / lines through the fast up and at them types

romeo throws decent stuff/ foxy/ Charlie lines seem sharp something like this might be ok.

DSCF7563.JPG

3 minutes ago, C.green said:

My terrier cross catches rabbits out with ferret to me thats nothing. I find alot of them can overrun stuff on the lamp dont get me wrong they force alot of mistakes out of stuff also but i dont like the way they run a good daytime hare killers style shouldnt really suit to the lamp in my mind.seen a few that did ok on the lamp but seen alot more not very good than good.

you say that about over running stuff all the time, and if what you saw did that then fair enough, but in 50 years running nothing else, I have seen allot of dogs run, and mine always held there own when out with lads using different crosses believe me, and its what I would go for, your right though some do over run stuff we used to call them fen dogs, fuccking useless any where else, if that's the type you saw then you aint seen a gooden.

1 minute ago, two crows said:

you say that about over running stuff all the time, and if what you saw did that then fair enough, but in 50 years running nothing else, I have seen allot of dogs run, and mine always held there own when out with lads using different crosses believe me, and its what I would go for, your right though some do over run stuff we used to call them fen dogs, fuccking useless any where else, if that's the type you saw then you aint seen a gooden.

😂 ok chap 👍🏻

I’ve put Romeo to my bitch a few weeks ago she is out of Nero x Cindy, she is nearly 5 weeks in now  so not 100% sure if she has taken yet but if she has these pups should make great dogs on all types of land, my bitch will kill on small grass paddocks in wales and kill after a punishing run on big open land 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve put Romeo to my bitch a few weeks ago she is out of Nero x Cindy, she is nearly 5 weeks in now  so not 100% sure if she has taken yet but if she has these pups should make great dogs on all types of land, my bitch will kill on small grass paddocks in wales and kill after a punishing run on big open land 

What hight is Romeo and your bitch mate any pics of them

1 minute ago, D Lloyd said:

What hight is Romeo and your bitch mate any pics of them

Romeo about 27 inch and my bitch 25 inch , don’t know how to put pics up on here sorry, both very athletic looking dogs, there is some clips of my bitches mother on YouTube called Cindy coursing, Cindy looks very similar to my bitch

20 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Romeo about 27 inch and my bitch 25 inch , don’t know how to put pics up on here sorry, both very athletic looking dogs, there is some clips of my bitches mother on YouTube called Cindy coursing, Cindy looks very similar to my bitch

Cheers I'll look now mate

2 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Looks a useful bitch that 👍. Who were the two bairns in the vid?

Got a dog out of Romeo and run any land and don’t miss much I find a pic of Romeo got one on phone 

7C3C0196-5890-4303-9878-37FF88E5B14E.jpeg

D4E017BE-0D3D-4B50-824B-AC47965B06EB.jpeg

A3443076-1DC7-41D6-B564-A172CB4B26EE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1