Some thing different

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be careful what you buy mate and who you listen to lot of shit talked in coursing and a lot of so called good coursing men that hardly do anything with there dogs. Everything these days is well b

Title was  "Something different", based on consideration of getting a coursing dogs, not sure where  all this fits in? Like a nosy neighbor tattling over the fence cause next door is looking to get a

I know what your saying not long ago a brace of rum looking fella drew up slow behind me in a transit van eyeing up the dogs once thed had a good look the turned the noses up and drove on  No mat

Posted Images

Just be careful what you buy mate and who you listen to lot of shit talked in coursing and a lot of so called good coursing men that hardly do anything with there dogs. Everything these days is well bred  but not a lot properly tested. Lads breeding out of 2 year old bitches saying well it’s out of so and so it’s worth lining even though it’s done nothing. You won’t go far wrong with a good coursing type it’s all I’ve kept for years just brought up like any lurcher they’ll do abit of everything for you not seen many that will do fox tho but anything else they take some beating in my opinion.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, spanna said:

Just be careful what you buy mate and who you listen to lot of shit talked in coursing and a lot of so called good coursing men that hardly do anything with there dogs. Everything these days is well bred  but not a lot properly tested. Lads breeding out of 2 year old bitches saying well it’s out of so and so it’s worth lining even though it’s done nothing. You won’t go far wrong with a good coursing type it’s all I’ve kept for years just brought up like any lurcher they’ll do abit of everything for you not seen many that will do fox tho but anything else they take some beating in my opinion.

That's what I'm looking for something I can bring on to do all types of work do you now for any well tested being Lind in next 6 months I don't mind waiting or traveling for the right pup mate.

33 minutes ago, C.green said:

I think youll struggle to get one thats decent at everything for a couple seasons straight. Myself id be more tempted with coursing dog cross.

I have a coursing dog cross here he was my first of that type and I'm really happy with him I jest want to try something IV not had before

23 hours ago, C.green said:

I think youll struggle to get one thats decent at everything for a couple seasons straight. Myself id be more tempted with coursing dog cross.

why's that mate, I used to mooch, ferret, course, mine for years never a problem, then I had a few years lamping a couple of nights a week and coursing Saturdays with do dramas even did that with a pure, but to be honest d.l you need one from a faster line, some of the lines can throw plodders, and they wont be sharp enough, for a bit of allsorts imho good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, two crows said:

why's that mate, I used to mooch, ferret, course, mine for years never a problem, then I had a few years lamping a couple of nights a week and coursing Saturdays with do dramas even did that with a pure, but to be honest d.l you need one from a faster line, some of the lines can throw plodders, and they wont be sharp enough, for a bit of allsorts imho good luck.

Good post that t c. I've been thinking similar to d l for a couple of years, something different/new to what I've normally kept. Been a few litters I've liked the look of the last couple of years, with a one parent being a lamper/alrounder, the other a coursing type. I've only had two running dogs with saluki in, one over 35 years ago, bought as a pup and was the epitome of everything bad you sometimes read about salukis, even though there wasn't that much saluki at all in either parent, put me off em for years. Thought I'd give it another try about 4 years ago, bought one at roughly 10-11 months, with a fair amount of saluki in, mental case! And it put me right off again. But in hindsight, I should've done my homework, then gone and bought as a pup ?

Something that's physically able and driven enough to make a decent courser and push it own boundaries can usually manage other jobs. My bitch, although of unusual breeding for the UK, is a case in point. Bred as a competitive courser and successful at it then at 3 years quickly picked up lamping and mooching taking a variety of game to a decent standard whilst retaining the ability to manage a long run on decent land.  Good recovery and strike and now six years old, a little beaten and battered looking but completely sound. My only  caveat would be to go for something from parents that have a bit of pace about them as I find it makes a difference when lamping etc to have a bit of acceleration.

IMG_20190414_140347.jpg.28bac31287bfad2d1aba05fed26d0fa4.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, two crows said:

Cheers mate witch dogs and bitches / lines through the fast up and at them types

26 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Something that's physically able and driven enough to make a decent courser and push it own boundaries can usually manage other jobs. My bitch, although of unusual breeding for the UK, is a case in point. Bred as a competitive courser and successful at it then at 3 years quickly picked up lamping and mooching taking a variety of game to a decent standard whilst retaining the ability to manage a long run on decent land.  Good recovery and strike and now six years old, a little beaten and battered looking but completely sound. My only  caveat would be to go for something from parents that have a bit of pace about them as I find it makes a difference when lamping etc to have a bit of acceleration.

IMG_20190414_140347.jpg.28bac31287bfad2d1aba05fed26d0fa4.jpg

Nice bitch and good in put cheers s

• Like 1