Well done Alabama & San Francisco

Well, what about that......2 places in America striking a blow for liberty, humanity and sanity.

Alabama has just banned abortion and San Francisco has just banned facial recognition technology being used by anybody including the old bill.

Gives you a bit of hope that a bit of normal thinking still exists in the world.

• Like 2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why we are all fecked, it should not be looked at as anything other than removing people’s rights and for that alone I strongly disagree, the personal story,s could go on for years and I,m sur

Where do you draw the line.  Why not feed and look after the starving toddlers in all the third world countries?. Air lift them to a western country and feed and ultimately save many lives.

very easy position for men to sit here and say they don't agree with abortion...... the problem with that opinion is it can never be seen from the other side of the fence...

24 minutes ago, greg64 said:

the thing is wilf  they have banned all abortion including rape victims unless it was going to endanger life , how would you feel if that was your daughter

I seen that mate, and I freely admit that for me that’s a conundrum.

However, I think the sensible way to look at it is this........

A tiny minority endure something terrible to save the slaughter of tens of thousands (millions globally)

Or the slaughter of tens of thousands (millions globally) continues to protect a tiny minority

Thats the circle everyone has to square in their mind I suppose mate.

Now obviously I dont know the numbers of such horrible cases but I have a good idea of how many babies have been killed and that number is well over 60 MILLION !!

Any logical person would have to assume that cases such as you mention are absolutely microscopic compared to 60 million......I not saying that makes them less hideous and terrible.

If these babies were born and thrown on a heap in full public view it wouldn’t even be a question.....it would be banned world wide imho 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, greg64 said:

I just think that they should make rape cases an exception, like you say it would be a  tiny minority but I certainly wouldn't want one of mine being in that minority

Fair one mate.

I also think, all be it less contentious to most folks, that the banning of facial recognition is a major City is a big deal.

I don’t think people take nearly enough notice or give enough value to their freedom from the state.

• Like 2

facial recognition is being used everywhere in the uk ,on high streets and in shops ,they even wanted to try it facebook  so your photo would automatically tag you in to posts  all a bit 1984 the powers that betel us its for security reasons but really there just monitoring us , glad I live in the middle of know where 

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, greg64 said:

the thing is wilf  they have banned all abortion including rape victims unless it was going to endanger life , how would you feel if that was your daughter

Incest also leading to pregnancy, can't say I agree to that either. It should be up to the woman as she has to give birth to the child. 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I seen that mate, and I freely admit that for me that’s a conundrum.

However, I think the sensible way to look at it is this........

A tiny minority endure something terrible to save the slaughter of tens of thousands (millions globally)

Or the slaughter of tens of thousands (millions globally) continues to protect a tiny minority

Thats the circle everyone has to square in their mind I suppose mate.

Now obviously I dont know the numbers of such horrible cases but I have a good idea of how many babies have been killed and that number is well over 60 MILLION !!

Any logical person would have to assume that cases such as you mention are absolutely microscopic compared to 60 million......I not saying that makes them less hideous and terrible.

If these babies were born and thrown on a heap in full public view it wouldn’t even be a question.....it would be banned world wide imho 

I'm not pro or anti abortion, although I would drastically reduce the cut off for terminating.

That said, does this vastly overcrowded world need 60 million unwanted inhabitants.

• Like 4