Bedlington cross maybe ?

I'd go for Beddy cross MM, maybe the sire of those pups and looking at that terrier, it looks of early Scotty/Sky type, so both were possibly obtained in the North East border areas. Though i could be well off the mark...

the bigger dog could be a droving type cross, I cant tell the sex of it for definite it looks like it has the remnants of milk as the abdomen looks divided up, the terrier to me as been said looks northern, the traveling people of those early years, were fortunate as moving from one place to another working on farms etc gave them the chance to use useful studs from any region along their route, unlike the locals of these areas, where the various types/strains were developing, in isolation, another great old photo hope this runs on a bit.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Penda said:

Looks like he's got spit the dog on his lap?,they do look like hearding types but a lot of the old types of lurchers were made not to look like lurchers nice pic that is ?

I don't know, but I'm of the opinion that the original lurchers would've probably carried only a little greyhound/sighthound blood