He was related to my Wife’s twins ex husband, my memory of him was seeing him at the Circus tavern in Purfleet and I couldn’t believe how small his feet were and the high heels he was wearing just an observation lol.

But he was a funny man in his day when he used to fall in the musicians pit and cause absolute carnage the thing is he made people laugh and that’s a good thing Rip Fred you Elvis wannabe lol...

• Like 1

Good bit of trick camera work there. The container with maggots in was in two halfs and he picked up something that looked like real maggots ? and he didn’t eat a hamster ffs. But he was very funny, loved him. 

• Like 1

The act he did with the tape playing to fast or to slow is utter brilliance,don't know how to do the link thing but i was watching a load of him on you tube just last week and was crying with laughter.RIP a really funny man..

7 minutes ago, fireman said:

The act he did with the tape playing to fast or to slow is utter brilliance,don't know how to do the link thing but i was watching a load of him on you tube just last week and was crying with laughter.RIP a really funny man..

Posted it in "What you listening to" mate.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Not sure i ever saw anyone do a better Elvis impersonation.....naturally funny guy Freddie Star.... another national treasure we would be ashamed of in todays times.

Funny you should say that... I had a 21 year old mate staying with me for a couple of months. One night, I was watching some old Jim Davidson video on Youtube and he came in, sat down and within 30 seconds was laughing his balls off, all the while saying this is so wrong.... he's half Jamaican and Jim loves the black jokes ???

Just watched his Ray Charles, where he puts black tights on his head . I was brought up on a diet of that kind of humour and entertainment. You had the black and white minstrels , love thy neighbour, and the comedians like Bernard Manning, all on mainstream TV . We had a few black kids in our school and we pulled their legs a bit , one was called Sammy , I didn’t realise till much later that his name wasn’t Sammy and that it was short for Sambo . Thing is they gave as good as they got , they had to I suppose . I think it’s called “ inter grating “ , something we did naturally, and without left wing snowflakes feeding us a diet of “ethnic diverse “ sh@t on TV and the media . 

• Like 2

I just read this off singer Ian Prowse's FB page....

Freddie Starr on tour in the Middle East, there were very strict codes.

"Just two things Mr Starr, never swear and never refer to Prince Hussein directly"

Curtain up

Freddie: "Alright, which one of you fuckers is Prince Hussein?"

Curtain down