Help: trying to set up a new account to replace this one

Can any moderators please help? I've got a laptop now, to replace my desktop that is, soon not to be, with Virgin, as we are moving on to a boat. I've set up the new account which now says awaiting validation. But it's been so long since I joined that I can't remember what to do next! Do I have to wait until someone in admin sees my application and send me something to fill in? I have one day left before my current email address expires.

Why should you have to set up a new account just because you have changed computer ? Sometimes I'm on here on my pad like now, sometimes it is on one of two laptops or generally on the IMac. there's no problem in switching/using any of them. I've also used other computers like at work. Just sign in up in the top right corner.

4 minutes ago, Meece said:

Why should you have to set up a new account just because you have changed computer ? Sometimes I'm on here on my pad like now, sometimes it is on one of two laptops or generally on the IMac. there's no problem in switching/using any of them. I've also used other computers like at work. Just sign in up in the top right corner.

Change of email I picked it up as ,moving from one internet provider to another and loosing email address account was set up with ..

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Chid said:

Change of email I picked it up as ,moving from one internet provider to another and loosing email address account was set up with ..

I still don't  understand how changing a computer or provider stops you getting onto the site.   Why not get hotmail/ outlook mail address.  It doesnt matter where you are or who your provider is. I've even logged in from a hotel computer out abroad. Perhaps I am being a bit thick here. If so advise me.

2 hours ago, Meece said:

I still don't  understand how changing a computer or provider stops you getting onto the site.   Why not get hotmail/ outlook mail address.  It doesnt matter where you are or who your provider is. I've even logged in from a hotel computer out abroad. Perhaps I am being a bit thick here. If so advise me.

It makes no difference tbh even if the email address is no longer in use , but some people use email alerts to keep them updated on when they get messages ect ...