Buzzards - any clue?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buzzards feeding on worms...see it in the fields around here regular..20 is a lot but see 12 or quite often in one field

I see them regularly in winter here in France so they must be eating something other than insects. But given the OP mentioned markings on their chest it is worth mentioning that common buzzards nearly

I think they are just common Buzzards, in Devon we get a lot of the pale nearly white fronted ones like that. Used to see lots just like that at Berry Pomeroy village always on worms.  Cheers Arr

Posted Images

Saw the same thing last year on a freshly ploughed field I assumed they were feeding on worms they are a pretty good scavenger taking advantage of easy meals rather than pure hunters ??

• Like 1

There are a few around here in Kent.  Sometimes they are wheeling around quite high up in the sky.  I noticed them by their high pitched calls. I've not seen them eating from a carcass or anything. I've seen them perched up in a tree several times but other times they are up on the football fields.   They could be feeding on worms or just out there. And no I wouldn't know what sort of soil it is.

Edited by Meece