About 40yds is the most i would do, rabbits mainly, got a couple of places lined up for a bit of ratting. I have a 4-16 44 original mamba lite on my 95k which i like. Had a look at a compact scope 40mm i thought it was a little heavy for the size of it and the turrets were fairly high. Had a look at a new mamba 4-16-42 which looked nice and slim, turrets were small and light, also has IR on now, i am thinking about getting one. Put it on the hw100 and keep my other mamba on my 95k. Thank you for the reply mate, ATB.

• 1 month later...

Got a Vantage 3x12-50 on my Cz 452 with a Pard nv007 at night .Clear glass ,plenty of range and only 67 quid c/w mounts .most of my shooting is 50m and the scope more than has the legs for that  but 100m is no problem if needed atb

20190617_002732.jpg

• Like 1
On 09/05/2019 at 09:50, lifelong cumbrian said:

Looking at scopes for my 95k, something good in low light that would be decent NV add on. Dont want a heavy thing, possibly 44 to 50mm with paralax, something about £200 ish. Been looking at the Hawke compact? thank you.

Have a look at Optics warehouse pal, they sometimes have good offers on.................and have a great after sales service

• Like 1

Why is it that every time there is a question about scopes people talk about really high magnification and cheap scopes that are way over the top for the purpose in hand ? Quote ...... About 40yds is the most i would do, rabbits mainly, got a couple of places lined up for a bit of ratting.  ..... Got a mtc mamba lite 4-16 44,  !!! ???

On 09/05/2019 at 22:50, lifelong cumbrian said:

Looking at scopes for my 95k, something good in low light that would be decent NV add on. Dont want a heavy thing, possibly 44 to 50mm with paralax, something about £200 ish. Been looking at the Hawke compact? thank you.

What do you think about Hawke 3-9x40? Its 50mm lens might be better for low light.
I have two of them and they're great scopes.

Edited by Vincej
  • 1 month later...