david beckham gets 6 months ban

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

I dont think that’s a fair comparison at all and the accepted standard is just someone else’s made up bollocks.

When I used my phone, I picked it up, said hello and had my conversation.....I could still look at the road and in my mirrors.

but anyway, that’s all in the past......all I’m saying is, it’s not the end of the world but everyone talks like it’s the worst thing ever.

Agree to disagree. This year I've seen a woman on a moby in Las Vegas, knock a guy off his Harley and we chased for 6-7 blocks and she was still on the phone and didn't know she'd done it. And that's on top of the usual carnage of America's interstate system. I accept that some can manage it but many more clearly can't, hence the law.

What does 6 points and ban cost as opposed to a bluetooth headset?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beckham has had more points last two years than Sunderland 

Spent years doing it before they made it an offence, couldn’t have run my business without doing it.......I dont remember mowing down any pedestrians or having any crashes. Pissing about with the

I held my 19 year old lad in my arms for nearly 24 hours while he slow died after a RTA. Now you guys belittling that kind of thing look at you kids and try and imagine what its like to lose one, you

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, timmytree said:

No? Try telling that to my mate who can't play football with his boys anymore, can't drive, can't walk, incontinent and wants to die at 41.

Mate, it’s a tragic, tragic accident.....remember them?

We used to have them back in the 80s but I think they did away with them some time around 98.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, it’s a tragic, tragic accident.....remember them?

We used to have them back in the 80s but I think they did away with them some time around 98.

yes...but these are accidents that can easily be avoided....

11 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Agree to disagree. This year I've seen a woman on a moby in Las Vegas, knock a guy off his Harley and we chased for 6-7 blocks and she was still on the phone and didn't know she'd done it. And that's on top of the usual carnage of America's interstate system. I accept that some can manage it but many more clearly can't, hence the law.

What does 6 points and ban cost as opposed to a bluetooth headset?

Mate, there’s lads going for 3 or 4 pints every night and jumping in the car in the morning.......nobody says a f***ing word. ;) 

• Thanks 1

they should ban fuckers for using phones regardless of who they are or if you need a car for work or what ever...

I see twats in company vans driving round all the time on them, if the companys to tight to pay for the phone package they should be fined too!!

I see stupid women texting as there driving past the school gates with there kids in the car... 

should get cs and have to wear a hi-viz with I'm a nobhead written on the back of it?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

yes...but these are accidents that can easily be avoided....

Everything can be easily avoided if you just cut round banning everything that could be remotely dangerous !!......I’m not saying take it off the offence list, I’m just saying it’s no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, there’s lads going for 3 or 4 pints every night and jumping in the car in the morning.......nobody says a f***ing word. ;) 

Like with the phones though, it's not a problem for everyone, and it's not a crime if you don't get caught.

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

It's not a tragic accident when it's someone else's doing thru pig headed stupidity .

Its murder and Man slaughter at best if they cause a death.

It was avoidable and a car in the wrong hands is just like a loaded gun in the wrong hands 

FACT ?

If you were all that serious about motor vehicles killing people you’d walk......but you ain’t so you don’t !

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It's not a tragic accident when it's someone else's doing thru pig headed stupidity .

Its murder and Man slaughter at best if they cause a death.

It was avoidable and a car in the wrong hands is just like a loaded gun in the wrong hands 

FACT ?

The vast majority of "accidents" are caused by someone not paying attention/doing something stupid.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Lol 

While I strenuously disagree with you here, mate, I can't help but find the irony in the way the thread has turned. After us waxing lyrical on GT over the years about freedom of speech and general offence at pretty much anything we've reverted to the very outrage that we accuse the other side of. Funny huh?

Long may it continue! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

If you were all that serious about motor vehicles killing people you’d walk......but you ain’t so you don’t !

Imagine what that could do for the nation's obesity epidemic? A march for something actually solves something!

• Thanks 1

Its not good if talking on your mobile has wreaked someone life,but its not crime of the century,i bet bald tyres,drug driving,no insurance,speeding,have caused more crashes thsn talking on a mobile,i lived abroad were drinking,talking on phone was not banned,never heard of crashes involved around phone use.its like a dog attack,must have been a pit bull type dog,same with a crash......bet he was on his phone

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, j j m said:

for using his phone while driving

He actually got 6 points for using his mobile but apparently he already had 6 points for speeding offences, so got 6 months ban on topping up rather than simply using his phone!

:thumbs: