• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When it feels like the wools being pulled over our eyes its sometimes best to look at the facts to make sense of something so i had a quick look at the world rankings the other day to see how many of

Errrm... Joshua fought Whyte, who can certainly hit and beat him (after getting fairly well tagged!!,).. He also fought Klit.... who can bang a bit....got in trouble...and beat him. Wilder d

Whyte was offered millions for AJ but felt he wasn’t getting paid enough! Once you win the belts you earn the big coin.., simples. Whyte is improved but if he believed he could win, then he should’ve

I was firmly in the fury corner after the wilder fight tbh, but now that fight is off and he is fighting the kraut next he has got to convince me again. For the life of me I can’t understand how or why he won’t get straight back in with him when really he won the fight. But I’m not him and it’s not my decision so I just hope he knows what he is doing!

no one can deny he looks well atm, and while he might not quite be up there with Ali:rofl: he is certainly an entertaining fella and boxer who can put on a good show both in and out the ring. I do believe he is a one off for how he can move for a big guy, he likes his running dogs and is a genuine nice guy. 

The only fight I really hope he does take is Joshua though, wilder has been and gone now really, the moment has passed so he and Joshua are both struggling to find opponents when they could just both get it on at wembley! 

As always though stuff behind the scenes gets in the way

Edited by Stoney100

This heavyweight boxing is a joke now,Fury already has a rematch clause with Wilder and Whyte should be the mandatory for Wilder anyway. Whyte refusing to fight Ortiz in a final eliminator played right into Wilders hands but Whyte deserved the mandatory spot imo without having to fight Ortiz . Wilder was saying on another forum that if Whyte becomes his mandatory the fight wont happen till 2021 anyway. My pick if it happens is Wilder by ko . Fury no longer calls the shots now hes with Top Rank,Bob Arum is in charge now and Warren is also irrelevant,they both answer to Arum. Arum has not give Fury a massive paying contract for Fury not to rematch Wilder at some point before the current deal expires, Arum knows his investment only comes to fruition with a Wilder rematch .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, MickC said:

This heavyweight boxing is a joke now,Fury already has a rematch clause with Wilder and Whyte should be the mandatory for Wilder anyway. Whyte refusing to fight Ortiz in a final eliminator played right into Wilders hands but Whyte deserved the mandatory spot imo without having to fight Ortiz . Wilder was saying on another forum that if Whyte becomes his mandatory the fight wont happen till 2021 anyway. My pick if it happens is Wilder by ko . Fury no longer calls the shots now hes with Top Rank,Bob Arum is in charge now and Warren is also irrelevant,they both answer to Arum. Arum has not give Fury a massive paying contract for Fury not to rematch Wilder at some point before the current deal expires, Arum knows his investment only comes to fruition with a Wilder rematch .

As you say mick, it's a complete joke now. I tried to get my head around all the shite involved with it a few months ago, and I couldn't. It's even worse now. WBC changing/making new rules up as they go along, really can't be bothered with it anymore ?

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, shaaark said:

As you say mick, it's a complete joke now. I tried to get my head around all the shite involved with it a few months ago, and I couldn't. It's even worse now. WBC changing/making new rules up as they go along, really can't be bothered with it anymore ?

Well nobody can say that the WBC are not protecting Wilder anymore and tbh I was never sure who was stalling the fight between Joshua and Wilder but its plain to see that's if its not down to Wilder then its down to his team especially his advisor Haymon who don't want the Joshua fight. I honestly think now that Joshua will fight Whyte and Fury before he gets a shot at Wilder .The worst thing Joshua could do is give any of his belts up to free him of his mandatories as I will guarantee you Haymon would jump straight in and have wilder fighting for them belts . Dubois and Gorman are two stand out unbeaten novices and they are fighting each other in July,no drama,no nothing both willing to put it on the line to see who is the best as it should be ,fair play to them. Too many boxers today think one loss is the end of them,and want everything in there favour or the fight does not happen , yet all the greats came back from losses .

Edited by MickC
2 minutes ago, MickC said:

Well nobody can say that the WBC are not protecting Wilder anymore and tbh I was never sure who was stalling the fight between Joshua and Wilder but its plain to see that's if its not down to Wilder then its down to his team especially his advisor Haymon who don't want the Joshua fight. I honestly think now that Joshua will fight Whyte and Fury before he gets a shot at Wilder .

Yep, I've always thought that wilder would never fight joshua. Don't think wilder will fight whyte either.  And like I've said numerous times, he only fought fury cos he, and his team, thought fury wasn't up to it. It was then that I looked at wilder's opponents, ........... not even averagely good, never mind world class, apart from ortiz, and even that fight wilder was losing. He's f***ing shite. My opinion of course. But look at the people he's fought, no wonder he has such a big ko ratio. Anyway, like I said, really losing interest in it all now lol ?

I actually feel a bit sorry for Joshua i wouldnt be surprised if he retired pretty soon......the heavyweight championship of the world was always the pinnacle of sport yet its become an embarrassment of drug taking cheats,fighters who wont fight and some who are both....farcical !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wilder has a belt to defend.  Fury has to fight the top 3 to get a shot at a title, his next fighter is rated 2nd inline for a title shot, then he'll move onto the number 1contender, then the title holders have to fight him, and nobody can bottle it then, or their stripped of their belts.   AJ is a waste of space, there are at least ten fighters that want a go at him, but he's ducking them all, how he gets away with it I don't know, nine months with out defending any of the 3 titles he holds, the man is a joke.

19 minutes ago, stealthy1 said:

Wilder has a belt to defend.  Fury has to fight the top 3 to get a shot at a title, his next fighter is rated 2nd inline for a title shot, then he'll move onto the number 1contender, then the title holders have to fight him, and nobody can bottle it then, or their stripped of their belts.   AJ is a waste of space, there are at least ten fighters that want a go at him, but he's ducking them all, how he gets away with it I don't know, nine months with out defending any of the 3 titles he holds, the man is a joke.

Joshua's a joke but wilder isn't?! Wilder has ducked EVERYONE his whole career!!! And is STILL DOING IT!! Check his career out mate. He's ha two meaningful fights his whole career, ortiz, who was winning, even though he shouldn't really have been fighting, having FAILED a medical, but that's the WBC for you, and fury, where he got beaten, but was given a draw, the WBC again. Absolute joke, wilder's shit.

The WBC belt, and organization, is definitely NOT the best in todays boxing

Edited by shaaark
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Joshua's a joke but wilder isn't?! Wilder has ducked EVERYONE his whole career!!! And is STILL DOING IT!! Check his career out mate. He's ha two meaningful fights his whole career, ortiz, who was winning, even though he shouldn't really have been fighting, having FAILED a medical, but that's the WBC for you, and fury, where he got beaten, but was given a draw, the WBC again. Absolute joke, wilder's shit

As soon as AJ goes up against anyone that can hit he'll be finished, Fury said he'll fight anyone, and they all went quiet apart from Wilder, Wilder won't make that mistake again.  We have Whyte with a title looking for a fight, and what does AJ do, goes abroad, he has three titles, but no fights lined up, must be more money in advertising than boxing.

1 hour ago, stealthy1 said:

As soon as AJ goes up against anyone that can hit he'll be finished, Fury said he'll fight anyone, and they all went quiet apart from Wilder, Wilder won't make that mistake again.  We have Whyte with a title looking for a fight, and what does AJ do, goes abroad, he has three titles, but no fights lined up, must be more money in advertising than boxing.

Not arguing with you mate, just stating facts. Wilder has fought, and will fight no-one that he thinks could pose a threat. The division is a mess and a joke

• Like 2
9 hours ago, stealthy1 said:

Errrm... Joshua fought Whyte, who can certainly hit and beat him (after getting fairly well tagged!!,)..

He also fought Klit.... who can bang a bit....got in trouble...and beat him.

Wilder ducks more than most....

Fury is only a few fights back from a drugs ban and gets a shot because Wilder thought it would be easy pickings...fair play to.fury...wilder is shite, technically awful but carries a bit of power...

Fury is technically pretty good but carries little power...

Joshua is the better alround boxer as he can box and carries power...but in another era would be an average fighter imo

Now Whyte, I think he could well upset the apple cart at some point...he's not a bad boxer and carries power...all of these heavies are beatable...

I've only seen bits of Dubois....but if he keeps progressing well, he could become the standout fighter in the division imo

At the minute I wouldn't bet against Joshua with any of them though tbh, let's hope the behind the scenes shit gets cleared up and the fans get the fights they want 

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4