17 hours ago, Francie said:

Anyone clued up on tax that can help me, I got a pay rise in work last october, everything was gran until April this year I got hit with a new tax code, apparently I didn't have to pay as much tax as I had some n.i Contributions built up from previous employment, now the pay rise I got is being swallowed by the taxman, it's a f***ing joke.

I'm not seeing any of it.

I worked hard for the payrise, then for it to be taken off me is a kick in the balls.

Could someone help me way a wee question, the personal allowsnce has risen to 12500 this year, to my understanding, that means I won't get taxed uptown this above amount but over that I'm getting charged 20percent.

I have a business on the side also an it's booming, i thought I might ask my work for "flexible hours" which means I want to reduce my hours by ten hours.

Here's the question, if I reduced my hours to say 29 hours, that would bring me under the threshold of 12500.

Would this then mean I won't have to pay income tax as I'm under the threshold, I understand IL have to pay a bit of n.i.

Could someone clarify this for me, an the extra hours off would give me more time with my business 

Thanks in advance

Francie for a religious man you're a disgrace if it's not for taxes how would all these poor immigrants get by? all the single mothers with lots of kids to feed bang the hours in earn the money and pay ya taxes and help all the others in need, where is your sense of humanity ffs......................now stop ya whining toe the line and pay up lol lol lol your rewards will be in heaven not on earth lol lol lol.................other than that get cash in hand and feck the tax man 

• Like 3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my view is pal , dont give to much info  on a public forum  , 

Good advice for you Francie, but what is your business on the side, how much does it earn, and how can I get one ?

Francie for a religious man you're a disgrace if it's not for taxes how would all these poor immigrants get by? all the single mothers with lots of kids to feed bang the hours in earn the money and pa

45 minutes ago, delswal said:

Francie for a religious man you're a disgrace if it's not for taxes how would all these poor immigrants get by? all the single mothers with lots of kids to feed bang the hours in earn the money and pay ya taxes and help all the others in need, where is your sense of humanity ffs......................now stop ya whining toe the line and pay up lol lol lol your rewards will be in heaven not on earth lol lol lol.................other than that get cash in hand and feck the tax man 

Haha aw del, I'm just a simple man looking to earn a crust without taxman raping me lol

An I pay my way have done since I left school?

But thanks for the advice del

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Might not even be worth getting another mate?? Remember aswell more ye earn this year then ye tax code could change again next year☹️ Lots a ways he could help ye out tho? Maybe sort he out a work van/car? Fuel card? Expenses or summat?

must be a way to keep ye happy?an like Iv said hard workers who are reliable are hard to find so if he a decent sort he may just wanna keep ye?

Thanks Don for your replys.

I don't think IL get a van mate it's s huge company with lots of workers, cant be seen to be the bosses wee bitch like lol

If I get another raise, IL be happy, I don't think IL get taxed anymore unless I hit the 50000 wage mark, an I'm nowere near that lol

So IL go for another patriae, ye don't ask ye don't get don?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Francie said:

Haha aw del, I'm just a simple man looking to earn a crust without taxman raping me lol

An I pay my way have done since I left school?

But thanks for the advice del

More than welcome pal lol

Ring the tax office and query your tax code as they could have made a mistake!

did you get any taxable benefits in your old job that were declared on a P11d as these are taxed in arrears.

if so call the tax office and notify them if your change of job especially if you don’t have any taxable benefits in your new job as often they don’t change the tax codes after such a change

also the new pension legislation means that you have to contribute more from April 19 than you did in March 19 as I am worse off in my net pay due to this

Edited by Archi
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Archi said:

did you get any taxable benefits in your old job that were declared on a P11d as these are taxed in arrears.

if so call the tax office and notify them if your change of job especially if you don’t have any taxable benefits in your new job as often they don’t change the tax codes after such a change

also the new pension legislation means that you have to contribute more from April 19 than you did in March 19 as I am worse off in my net pay due to this

No mistake Archi, was on the phone an all to office, bunch of wankers lol

Don't know your circumstances...but it can help if your Mrs can take the extra wage from your other business, your combined wage before tax is £25k....or one of your kids if they have a NI number....just saying there are ways and means if you put your mind to it...?

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Francie said:

Tax is theft lol

I don't mind paying for NHS etc but them c**ts are certainly skimming of the top tats.

Same here mate me and the wife are both in low wage jobs though our pensions top them up a bit but then we pay more tax tbh I would like to see a threshold on tax paid on any pensions .

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Archi said:

I have just opted out of my in work pension as it will not be worth a carrot when I retire and it will piss me off even more having to pay tax on the income I will have on another pension and the state pension.

• Like 1

Taxation is theft.

Like with all the important topics. Medical, legal, and now financial. Pony up and have a chat with a professional. Anyone that can guide you through the maze and exploit the loopholes is the person you need to see. :thumbs:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Taxation is theft.

Like with all the important topics. Medical, legal, and now financial. Pony up and have a chat with a professional. Anyone that can guide you through the maze and exploit the loopholes is the person you need to see. :thumbs:

I was told many years ago pay for a decent accountant and he will save you twice as much as shit one....if your self employed a good accountant is paramount...?

• Thanks 1