Northern Shooting Show

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great day yesterday at the show, busy but some good purchases made. Trish and I briefly met up with Jimmy and his son Jamie ( another nice guy), Si and his son and daughter, who I believe were despera

It was a good day phil... think the show is getting better and better, the kids loved the live fire too? Could of spent a lot of money but showed a bit of restraint... not like me? rez tippe

Didn't realise you are nigh on 60 yrs old Mitch , still if you look on the bright side you are way behind Philpot.                            Only saying like.   x

Posted Images

1 hour ago, riohog said:

think it £200   fora table there 

That’s four hundred Yorkshire knives ....? ..there ain’t that many of them willing to spend half a quid in the world let alone at one show in one day ....ny lad it’s a loser .? 

• Haha 2

Great day yesterday at the show, busy but some good purchases made. Trish and I briefly met up with Jimmy and his son Jamie ( another nice guy), Si and his son and daughter, who I believe were desperate to shoot on the .22lr range, along with one of my lure fishing pals but never saw Rez and he didn't phone to meet up so if you don't want to mix with me Jamie, I understand, after all not many people do ?...............?? yer miserable tart.  Anyway it was so busy we lost touch with eachother then later in the day both my and Jimmy's  phone battery died so we didn't see eachother again BUT at least we did have a short chat and laugh which is always good. One big plus point was that I was able to get Jimmy's old HW 97 blue lam stock rifle back to him as a pal of mine had bought it and found it didn't suit him and the smile on Jim's face was a picture as he took the blue beauty from me. I was also pleased as that bloody thing weighs a ton and really didn't want to walk around the show all day with that bugger on my shoulder. Jimmy is now a happy boy again and after an upsetting few weeks, it was nice to se his joy again.

I bought a few things that were not directly shooting related but good value and there were a few bargains to be had if you searched around although I didn't look at air rifles so can't speak for them but was taken with a few new shotguns that I will be testing in the coming months. I did fall in love with a new Beretta DT11 with a high tech fully adjustable stock................£9k ? and the new Anschutz .22lr model 1761 which somehow I WILL find the dosh and buy one. I had an anschutz a little while ago but simply didn't get on with it because of the stock but this one is fantastic.

20190512_131632_zpsgron9qyk.jpg

20190512_125304_zps64rso6nl.jpg

MTC had their scopes on show but it was a pity the lad who ran the stand had little idea about the scopes so yet again great planning from gaystate...... however the proffessialism from Hawke was clear to see with their staff actually well informed on all the new models and what benefits were there. I have to say the new compact airmax were very nice little scopes and I think all three in the range would take a NiteSite add on mount although the smallest could be a bit tight but I have not checked with the new booklet I picked up. They have also brought out a new WA (wide angle) S/F, IR, vantage which impressed me very much to the point that I may sell my Airmax for one of these.

Airmax compact

20190511_133046_zpsusdi0js6.jpg

WA SF Vantage

20190511_133037_zps8pt7lpkb.jpg

SORRY about the photos but there was low light levels and not much room there, that is my story nd I am sticking with it.

A little time was spend chatting to the guys on Thomas Jacks whilst drooling over some thermal kt but firstly I was looking for some new binoculars and having looked at quite a few pairs at the show, I picked up a pair of Pulsar Expert series 8x40, wow I was blown away with the image quality but as with most things Pulsar, I expected them to be around the £400 area as with some of the others.............................£199 complete with adjustable contrast filters and a reflection reduction system. I am having a pair of these very soon.

I also had a serious look at the Pulsar Axion XM30 thermal spotter and at £1200 this was the entry level, simple and very compact not forgetting that it appears to be very capable according to the staff but if we do go this route, I will be having a chat with IanB on here to get more info.

One big cock up on my part was that after my pal had bought tins of JSB RS .22 for £10 per tin from Cheshire Guns Rooms.........................................bugger me, I forgot to go and see them before leaving and only remembered as we pulled onto the drive..........TWAT.

Soooooooooooo all in all a great day out, we both really enjoyed the day and as always it was lovely to see the lads albeit in a short session. Roll on the Game Fair at Hatfield house, which reminds me I need to find a nice hotel then of course the South Yorkshire Show which is nowhere near as good as Harrogate but it is another opportunity to meet my good friends on here.

Phil

• Like 3

Oh yes I forgot to say that I did have another look at the HW57 springer and again say this one feels nice in the shoulder although the stocks are a bit crappy but that could be sorted by someone I know further north and the bits inside could be tweeked and tunes by someone else I know so sooner or later, I have to get one........................?

One air rifle that I picked up some info on although Ididn't actually see on on the stand was the Anschutz 9015 but it seems it is only available at present in .177 and no fac models either but nevertheless an interesting gun that will never win on looks but there again neither would any HWpcp

20190512_150646_zpsb0wc85go.jpg

Phil

It was a good day phil... think the show is getting better and better, the kids loved the live fire too?

Could of spent a lot of money but showed a bit of restraint... not like me?

rez tipped up about 1.30 but I was on me way home drenched after the downpour on the way back to the car!!!

Catch up soon?

• Like 3

Had a cracking day apart from the entrance fee ,,,the mp5 rounds for the bairns (si,s kids) and a barrel band for the pro sport

O and handing over some wonga to phil for the blue

i did the same as si kept my wonga in my pocket

not that i had a lot mind lol

it was packed mined to many people you could not get a look at much

but i did fall for the new hw100 bull pup mind looking at pics of it did not do it justice

in the flesh it was a different kind of animal.

but at £1145 ill wait for a while to see if it comes down in price

had a talk to the fao about my fac application and where i stand regarding my son 

and was told there would not be a problem with me getting a ticket for fac or sgc

but they would want me to store them at a different location (got to do some ass licking to my father inlaw lol)

he even had a look at the blue and was very impressed at it

it was nice to meet up with phil and his good wife Trish but we lost each other in the crowed

a shame really as its all ways nice to spend time with good friends

even lost si and his kids a few times si is like a brother to me and spending time with them all si,,kids,,phil and Trish was just what i needed after the day i had before the show (lay,ed my mam to rest )

Sorry i missed you rezmond you were the one lad i really wanted to meet mate

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ps she is back where she belongs

home

IMG_20190511_203504.jpg

IMG_20190512_102556.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Had a cracking day apart from the entrance fee ,,,the mp5 rounds for the bairns (si,s kids) and a barrel band for the pro sport

O and handing over some wonga to phil for the blue

i did the same as si kept my wonga in my pocket

not that i had a lot mind lol

it was packed mined to many people you could not get a look at much

but i did fall for the new hw100 bull pup mind looking at pics of it did not do it justice

in the flesh it was a different kind of animal.

but at £1145 ill wait for a while to see if it comes down in price

had a talk to the fao about my fac application and where i stand regarding my son 

and was told there would not be a problem with me getting a ticket for fac or sgc

but they would want me to store them at a different location (got to do some ass licking to my father inlaw lol)

he even had a look at the blue and was very impressed at it

it was nice to meet up with phil and his good wife Trish but we lost each other in the crowed

a shame really as its all ways nice to spend time with good friends

even lost si and his kids a few times si is like a brother to me and spending time with them all si,,kids,,phil and Trish was just what i needed after the day i had before the show (lay,ed my mam to rest )

Sorry i missed you rezmond you were the one lad i really wanted to meet mate

ps she is back where she belongs

home

IMG_20190511_203504.jpg

IMG_20190512_102556.jpg

Are yoI going for FAC  air or straight in with live rounds?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, walshie said:

What's an MP5 round Mac? I thought they took regular 9mm ammo. 

I think the ones at the show have been converted to 22 rounds

its so much for so many rounds

the kids get to fire  mp5 and they love it gives them some thing to talk about

and memory's with dad(SI) some thing i think they will never forget

Dave

and thats priceless

• Like 1
7 hours ago, villaman said:

Are yoI going for FAC  air or straight in with live rounds?

Dont know what im doing yet Mitch still want to talk to the fao here first

so im going to make a phone call this week and make an appointment to see him or her .

see where i stand with the force here.

it was Durham force i spoke to at the show but i did tell them where i was from 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Dont know what im doing yet Mitch still want to talk to the fao here first

so im going to make a phone call this week and make an appointment to see him or her .

see where i stand with the force here.

it was Durham force i spoke to at the show but i did tell them where i was from 

Good luck with the FAC Jimmy ?

On 07/05/2019 at 15:37, villaman said:

Born in Birmingham moved down to Dorset at the age of 9 back in 1969

once a villa fan always a villa fan

villa to I die 

Didn't realise you are nigh on 60 yrs old Mitch , still if you look on the bright side you are way behind Philpot. :laugh::rofl:

Only saying like.  :rolleyes: x

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, mark williams said:

Didn't realise you are nigh on 60 yrs old Mitch , still if you look on the bright side you are way behind Philpot. :laugh::rofl:

Only saying like.  :rolleyes: x

TWAT....................................................possibly true but still a twat. ?

Phil

• Haha 2