Badgers only eat worms don’t they .

On 17/11/2019 at 19:58, Rat ha tat tat said:

Vermin they are they will kill and eat anything don't get me wrong I don't believe in badger baiting  not at all cos that is so wrong but they need to be sorted out they are everywhere something needs to be done asap 

well, stats i read, 67,000 'billys' culled 'legally' ?? (makes you f....n laugh !, at the irony of it !) , 2013 to 2018, in the Gov 'badger control areas', alone.

On 04/12/2019 at 14:56, foxdropper said:

Thinned out nicely in the West Country .

Brocks, over protected , status,...led too it, all.  Im personally not convinced either, how major their role actually is, in this  'bTB' scourge, affecting the countrys cattle. (could well, be wrong on that, though.  lol)

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 22:01, earth-thrower said:

well, stats i read, 67,000 'billys' culled 'legally' ?? (makes you f....n laugh !, at the irony of it !) , 2013 to 2018, in the Gov 'badger control areas', alone.

67,000 don't make me laugh ? there's more about than ever I worked on a vineyard farm for 8 years and could not keep them dirty black and white pigs off the grapes they love them we try most things( bells --electric fence--human hair from barber etc ) nout worked until I was out flying the gos on one weekend and bumped into a very interesting old guy and started chatting about the hawk and just happened to mention the problem we have with piggys on the grapes and low and behold he laughed and said you need diesel ( thinking to myself ) I got petrol car ?and he told me any gamekeepers or farmers out there take note if you need them gone off your land soak a old rag in diesel and put it by the set and they move off and keep off there nose is so sensitive to smell I know it's against the law to approach a set but your not digging or hurting them in any way if they are killing my lambs I would take that risk sorry 

• Like 1
On 11/01/2020 at 11:21, Rat ha tat tat said:

67,000 don't make me laugh ? there's more about than ever I worked on a vineyard farm for 8 years and could not keep them dirty black and white pigs off the grapes they love them we try most things( bells --electric fence--human hair from barber etc ) nout worked until I was out flying the gos on one weekend and bumped into a very interesting old guy and started chatting about the hawk and just happened to mention the problem we have with piggys on the grapes and low and behold he laughed and said you need diesel ( thinking to myself ) I got petrol car ?and he told me any gamekeepers or farmers out there take note if you need them gone off your land soak a old rag in diesel and put it by the set and they move off and keep off there nose is so sensitive to smell I know it's against the law to approach a set but your not digging or hurting them in any way if they are killing my lambs I would take that risk sorry 

Interesting,.. (cheers for the reply),..well, i suppose any non lethal method, that works, in any local situation, could (or should , lol) be applied. Funny enough, just discovered a  road casualty, badger, recently. (Scotland) Surprising part was, that its the first in nearly 40 year, in that 'neck of the woods'. Explored, &  travelled up & down this way regular, since i was a boy,...& neither me or anyone local, EVER found any signs of badger previous, in the area. Never thought i would see the day,... quite unexpected !

Edited by earth-thrower
On 11/01/2020 at 11:21, Rat ha tat tat said:

Pine cones are what the old timers used to use 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The cull worked where i shoot in Staffordshire ,used to see 3 or 4 a night .Told to stay away for 6 weeks during cull ,when i returned ,more bunnies than ever ,but the brocks and Munties and Roe all gone .After 3 weeks of "fox patrol" seeing nowt but bunnies and a twat mountain biking at midnight ??? LOCKDOWN :wallbash:

But i can assure u ive never seen so many wabbits in 4 years on that ground ,so are badgers also wabbit eaters ,wouldnt put it past the nasty sods 

• 3 weeks later...

Many years back when I and a mate used to shoot rabbits regularly ,we were out one evening .Ken had just shot a rabbit a bit far back and it was squealing .I ran to it as it reached the hedge same time as a badger ran out and grabbed it .No kidding you I had a brief tug of war with the rabbit before it realised it’s mistake and ran off .They are opportunists and will try overpower anything that dosnt move out their way .