DEFRA Consultation - General Licences

2 hours ago, Lamper121 said:

Surely they must realise that this is one the busiest times for farms so how are they expecting farmers who live and work every hour god sends to have time to start weighting emails , most them wake up and strait out to work ,a high percentage of people this will effect won’t ever even no that they have a chance to email and have there say . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Surely they must realise that this is one the busiest times for farms so how are they expecting farmers who live and work every hour god sends to have time to start weighting emails , most them wake up and strait out to work ,a high percentage of people this will effect won’t ever even no that they have a chance to email and have there say . 

Agreed mate. That's why I'm doing my best to let them know. I have talked to and messaged all the landowners who I have permission from today.

I suggest others do the same if they have time. 

The fact that Gove has taken this off NE and is consulting the public means this isn't a clean win for Wild Justice yet and I dont intend to make it easy for them 

• Like 1

I submitted my reply to Defra last night, its easy enough with an email. 

Wild Justice and its supporters are on the ropes now, they seem to be worried by the consultation process because they know damn well they have no scientific evidence that the way people have used GL's for the past few decades has had ANY detrimental effects on the population of the species listed on them!

• Like 3

yes it's gone quiet what's happening are we due an update on things today as suggested on friday it's not very clear how we proceed forward i thought this would be sorted long ago CLA  surely have a bit more clout on this fiassco

bsasuperten

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2019 at 23:38, Lamper121 said:

Hope so mate 

On 17/05/2019 at 16:14, stop.end said:

everything to do with the general licence  should all be back on track in the next 2 weeks, and as far as im aware.

I  am sure no one knows when the  GL  will be back  it maybe days or weeks or not at all. NE   issued two sweeteners of individual licences  one for crows and one for pigeons which kept most of the membership of the shooting organisation's of their backs ,but the main one the GL  which pest officers need to cover several farms  against rooks jackdaws and other corvids  against the spread of disease and health and safety  and also crop damage  to date is not forth coming

Feltwad 

When all this first happened I instantly applied for an individual licence, they are still processing this due to some errors in their PDF form but the fact they are still processing it shows that they haven't got a new shiny cover all GL ready for roll out yet  

The pigeons are building up in the towns, under every lamppost there is a build up of s""t if they don't sort it out soon come the winter a lot more  of the pigeon that are on the the field will be moving in for a easy life, then the do Gooders might start to under stand what pigeon shooting is all about

On 15/05/2019 at 08:42, Lamper121 said:

As far as I'm aware the deadline for evidence submission  was Monday so now it's just waiting for Defra and Gove to respond

Regardless of time limits I`ve sent yet another email.

Crop damage and pigeons is starting big style on my permissions   :cry:

40 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Crop damage and pigeons is starting big style on my permissions

Then fire away! If they are woodpigeon & they're damaging a large crop then GL31 says you can shoot, alongside other attempts to deter them.

I shot 32 pigeon on a pea crop on Tuesday, legally, no bother.

• Like 3