DEFRA Consultation - General Licences

Wow ?, I have just read all of that, so tony juniper has come to the conclusion that this situation is way beyond his skill level and has passed the buck to Michael gove, who’s office will now be collecting information and evidence as to the best way to proceed with the GL, they will be doing this until the 13th of may and then taking another week to come to their conclusion, this is for a license that will be reviewed again at the end of the year, so where does this leave us with the new GL’s that have already been released, I would of thought that as they were not pasted by the secretary for the environment and as he has now taken the control of the licensing this would render them invalid 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1

Are you surprised mate?

After the Brexit fiasco I no longer consider this country has any government with any conviction other than to exercise trying to save its own neck and pursuing the ages old tradition of trampling on the common man and minority groups.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Are you surprised mate?

After the Brexit fiasco I no longer consider this country has any government with any conviction other than to exercise trying to save its own neck and pursuing the ages old tradition of trampling on the common man and minority groups.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this shower, it’s a sorry state of affairs ☹️

On 05/05/2019 at 19:04, BenBhoy said:

That depends on your type of minority.... 

Isn't it time shooters got the same type of anti-discriminatory rights as other minority groups?

Wouldn't necessary help with the General Licence, but it might help against all the other discrimination we see. If this were a religion or colour, or sex, or sexual orientation, we'd see protection. Maybe even if it were another hobby / sport. Maybe it's time there was lobbying in Parliament to get shooters recognised as minority group attracting anti-discrimination protection.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Isn't it time shooters got the same type of anti-discriminatory rights as other minority groups?

Wouldn't necessary help with the General Licence, but it might help against all the other discrimination we see. If this were a religion or colour, or sex, or sexual orientation, we'd see protection. Maybe even if it were another hobby / sport. Maybe it's time there was lobbying in Parliament to get shooters recognised as minority group attracting anti-discrimination protection.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Well I can see where this is going!

Remember Foxhunting, well now it's our turn, a new and very 'silly' licence thingy, means that you may choose to risk decoying and 'probably' nobody will even know 

you're out, but oh dear, a vegan dole recipient will notice you and film you on his mobile (which 'we' are paying for), then the full weight of the 'LAW' will dump it's warm

smelly load over you! Good luck with that one.

Also farmers will be very reluctant to let you on as their farm subsidy could be at risk, and that will be a no no.

Pigeon shooting has been stopped and 'we' will have to live with it, thanks Mr Packham!

• Like 1
On 15/05/2019 at 21:30, andyf said:

Well I can see where this is going!

Remember Foxhunting, well now it's our turn, a new and very 'silly' licence thingy, means that you may choose to risk decoying and 'probably' nobody will even know 

you're out, but oh dear, a vegan dole recipient will notice you and film you on his mobile (which 'we' are paying for), then the full weight of the 'LAW' will dump it's warm

smelly load over you! Good luck with that one.

Also farmers will be very reluctant to let you on as their farm subsidy could be at risk, and that will be a no no.

Pigeon shooting has been stopped and 'we' will have to live with it, thanks Mr Packham!

Wonder what will happen when vegan food costs go through the roof because the pigeons ate all the corn and pulses?

Bring in the £10 corn on the cob, the £10 sandwich corn wrap and £20 bag of lentils, and the £20 bags of peas, broccoli, carrots etc (courtesy of the rabbits breading like rabbits) and lets see which way they vote then!

Edited by Alsone
2 hours ago, Alsone said:

Wonder what will happen when vegan food costs go through the roof because the pigeons ate all the corn and pulses?

Bring in the £10 corn on the cob, the £10 sandwich corn wrap and £20 bag of lentils, and the £20 bags of peas, broccoli, carrots etc (courtesy of the rabbits breading like rabbits) and lets see which way they vote then!

They fixed the rabbit problem by importing vhd  despite all the advice!