DEFRA Consultation - General Licences

I submitted my reply to Defra last night, its easy enough with an email. 

Wild Justice and its supporters are on the ropes now, they seem to be worried by the consultation process because they know damn well they have no scientific evidence that the way people have used GL's for the past few decades has had ANY detrimental effects on the population of the species listed on them!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

I submitted my reply to Defra last night, its easy enough with an email. 

Wild Justice and its supporters are on the ropes now, they seem to be worried by the consultation process because they know damn well they have no scientific evidence that the way people have used GL's for the past few decades has had ANY detrimental effects on the population of the species listed on them!

Is that a fact or just an opinion? If its a fact, Ill be buzzin'.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Rez said:

Is that a fact or just an opinion? If its a fact, Ill be buzzin'.

Sorry if my post was misleading, this is my opinion only,  I wont lie and say I have all the scientific studies performed on each species. I did put the question to Mark Avery in his blog and he said the only one in "slight" decline is the Lesser Black Backed Gull, and if anyone would have these facts I would assume it would be one of the heads of the group that brought about this legal challenge in the first place. 

Has anyone else actually seen anyone in the news etc. saying anything about population of the main species shot under the old GLs (Woodpigeon, Carrion Crows, etc.) being in decline? The Countryside Alliance sent me a graph as part of a response to a question I raised to them which showed Woodpigeon populations rising steadily since 1970. This is all about anti-shooting and finding a legal back door to try and stab us in the back in my opinion

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

Sorry if my post was misleading, this is my opinion only,  I wont lie and say I have all the scientific studies performed on each species. I did put the question to Mark Avery in his blog and he said the only one in "slight" decline is the Lesser Black Backed Gull, and if anyone would have these facts I would assume it would be one of the heads of the group that brought about this legal challenge in the first place. 

Has anyone else actually seen anyone in the news etc. saying anything about population of the main species shot under the old GLs (Woodpigeon, Carrion Crows, etc.) being in decline? The Countryside Alliance sent me a graph as part of a response to a question I raised to them which showed Woodpigeon populations rising steadily since 1970. This is all about anti-shooting and finding a legal back door to try and stab us in the back in my opinion

Its all good man, I was like 'this cant be true'. 

Its still all up in the air by the sounds of it... Shame those magpies aren't I saw yesterday... ?

Jokes. Obviously.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Rez said:

Its all good man, I was like 'this cant be true'. 

Its still all up in the air by the sounds of it... Shame those magpies aren't I saw yesterday... ?

Jokes. Obviously.

Haha! No probs bud 

• 2 weeks later...

As a guess, in situations like that and far less, those farmers will put two fingers up to all who think they can tell a hard working farm to lose money hand over fist because they like crows,- guaranteed they will shoot them,- who would`nt - 200 lambs taken in the most cruelest ways.

I often have an evening out at the local pub, frequented by local farmers and without going into detail they "ALL" totally disagree with the revoke of the GL , yes, every last one of them !

Great post lip :good: - just goes to show how much out of touch with the countryside these idiots are !

• Thanks 1

Totally agree Mark. I have shot many 100's of rooks back when I lived in Sheffield as they would do exactly what that video show, corvids are vile birds and it is vital their numbers are kept right down. Peole who throw verbal stones at shooters NEED to understand what the the hell the implications are before they fight with farmers and shooters.

We are going through Brexit and if ever the farmers need support it is now because after we leave, it may not be so easy to walk into the local store and buy fruit and veg and many other overseas grown products when you want it so our farmers have to be on the money with crops so this just makes things worse.

Phil

• Like 3
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Phil , you have been listening to much shit from  the remonners . Cause well will be able to walk in veg and fruit shops and buy what we want to buy , it will not change

As it’s been for 100’s of years, a scared population in a obedient population. 

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil , you have been listening to much shit from  the remonners . Cause well will be able to walk in veg and fruit shops and buy what we want to buy , it will not change

We will still be able to buy fruit and veg but it will most likely cost more but hay  ho it will be worth it ?