Jump to content
Lamper121

DEFRA Consultation - General Licences

Recommended Posts


Quote

 

 

I submitted my reply to Defra last night, its easy enough with an email. 

Wild Justice and its supporters are on the ropes now, they seem to be worried by the consultation process because they know damn well they have no scientific evidence that the way people have used GL's for the past few decades has had ANY detrimental effects on the population of the species listed on them!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

 

I submitted my reply to Defra last night, its easy enough with an email. 

 

Wild Justice and its supporters are on the ropes now, they seem to be worried by the consultation process because they know damn well they have no scientific evidence that the way people have used GL's for the past few decades has had ANY detrimental effects on the population of the species listed on them!

 

Is that a fact or just an opinion? If its a fact, Ill be buzzin'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Rez said:

Is that a fact or just an opinion? If its a fact, Ill be buzzin'.

 

Sorry if my post was misleading, this is my opinion only,  I wont lie and say I have all the scientific studies performed on each species. I did put the question to Mark Avery in his blog and he said the only one in "slight" decline is the Lesser Black Backed Gull, and if anyone would have these facts I would assume it would be one of the heads of the group that brought about this legal challenge in the first place. 

Has anyone else actually seen anyone in the news etc. saying anything about population of the main species shot under the old GLs (Woodpigeon, Carrion Crows, etc.) being in decline? The Countryside Alliance sent me a graph as part of a response to a question I raised to them which showed Woodpigeon populations rising steadily since 1970. This is all about anti-shooting and finding a legal back door to try and stab us in the back in my opinion

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

 

Sorry if my post was misleading, this is my opinion only,  I wont lie and say I have all the scientific studies performed on each species. I did put the question to Mark Avery in his blog and he said the only one in "slight" decline is the Lesser Black Backed Gull, and if anyone would have these facts I would assume it would be one of the heads of the group that brought about this legal challenge in the first place. 

Has anyone else actually seen anyone in the news etc. saying anything about population of the main species shot under the old GLs (Woodpigeon, Carrion Crows, etc.) being in decline? The Countryside Alliance sent me a graph as part of a response to a question I raised to them which showed Woodpigeon populations rising steadily since 1970. This is all about anti-shooting and finding a legal back door to try and stab us in the back in my opinion

 

Its all good man, I was like 'this cant be true'. 

Its still all up in the air by the sounds of it... Shame those magpies aren't I saw yesterday... 🤣

Jokes. Obviously.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Rez said:

Its all good man, I was like 'this cant be true'. 

Its still all up in the air by the sounds of it... Shame those magpies aren't I saw yesterday... 🤣

Jokes. Obviously.

Haha! No probs bud 

Share this post


Link to post

So while all this bs is being sorted are we allowed or not allowed to take crows and pigeons.

Share this post


Link to post

After you have shouted at them and sternly warned them off ,you can fire a shot at them but not hit them .

Share this post


Link to post

As a guess, in situations like that and far less, those farmers will put two fingers up to all who think they can tell a hard working farm to lose money hand over fist because they like crows,- guaranteed they will shoot them,- who would`nt - 200 lambs taken in the most cruelest ways.

                            I often have an evening out at the local pub, frequented by local farmers and without going into detail they "ALL" totally disagree with the revoke of the GL , yes, every last one of them !

                           Great post lip :good: - just goes to show how much out of touch with the countryside these idiots are !

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Totally agree Mark. I have shot many 100's of rooks back when I lived in Sheffield as they would do exactly what that video show, corvids are vile birds and it is vital their numbers are kept right down. Peole who throw verbal stones at shooters NEED to understand what the the hell the implications are before they fight with farmers and shooters.

We are going through Brexit and if ever the farmers need support it is now because after we leave, it may not be so easy to walk into the local store and buy fruit and veg and many other overseas grown products when you want it so our farmers have to be on the money with crops so this just makes things worse.

Phil

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Phil , you have been listening to much shit from  the remonners . Cause well will be able to walk in veg and fruit shops and buy what we want to buy , it will not change

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Phil , you have been listening to much shit from  the remonners . Cause well will be able to walk in veg and fruit shops and buy what we want to buy , it will not change

As it’s been for 100’s of years, a scared population in a obedient population. 

Share this post


Link to post

I am getting the impression the timing of this whole affair from start to finish will mirror the breeding seasons .

                      Just imagine the explosion of corvid and pigeon numbers from just this alone. :o:cry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil , you have been listening to much shit from  the remonners . Cause well will be able to walk in veg and fruit shops and buy what we want to buy , it will not change

We will still be able to buy fruit and veg but it will most likely cost more but hay  ho it will be worth it 👍

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×