What knife do you carry ?

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Surely even if it doesn't lock and is under the size limit you would still need a reasonable excuse ?

As far as I know it breaks down into two sections. Firstly  Is the knife a locker ?  If it doesnt lock the blade can be up to 3 inches long and you can have it on your person without having to have a valid reason. If it locks the handle and blade are considered as one and as such the whole thing cant be longer than 3 inches. Eg your stanley knife.  Secondly it depends on the circumstances and what is happening.  Even a ballpoint brio can be an offensive weapon if it is used in an offensive way. If you are in a pub and there is a fight, and you aren't waving it about or displaying it in any sort of manner then I don't think that there is much that they can do about it if it is a simple non locking knife with a blade less than 3 inches.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opinel   

don't give up your gay job.....sorry day job.....

get on collie johns thread on the lurcher section......you might feel the need...

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Meece said:

As far as I know it breaks down into two sections. Firstly  Is the knife a locker ?  If it doesnt lock the blade can be up to 3 inches long and you can have it on your person without having to have a valid reason. If it locks the handle and blade are considered as one and as such the whole thing cant be longer than 3 inches. Eg your stanley knife.  Secondly it depends on the circumstances and what is happening.  Even a ballpoint brio can be an offensive weapon if it is used in an offensive way. If you are in a pub and there is a fight, and you aren't waving it about or displaying it in any sort of manner then I don't think that there is much that they can do about it if it is a simple non locking knife with a blade less than 3 inches.

think it would be foolish to test that one ,

• Like 1

I carried and used the old pocket knife my Dad gave me for years but its too precious to ever loose now, so i've been using Opinel for about 10 years. This is my second one.

20190314_134635.jpg

3 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

I carried and used the old pocket knife my Dad gave me for years but its too precious to ever loose now, so i've been using Opinel for about 10 years. This is my second one.

20190314_134635.jpg

The old folder = legal..... non locking.  The opinel is not legal because if you rotate the silver neck ring it locks the blade open. Try it.

44 minutes ago, Meece said:

The old folder = legal..... non locking.  The opinel is not legal because if you rotate the silver neck ring it locks the blade open. Try it.

Which is why its my second Opinel, the first one and me, parted company, sharpish...! ?

47 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Which is why its my second Opinel, the first one and me, parted company, sharpish...! ?

ive got a Opinlel   think its the  5in blade , i carry it every time i go  out with my dogs, i had couple bad experiences when out with dogs and they caught some game, Buck had got a munjak the one day  by a wood in the daytime , they make hell of a noise when there caught ,  i got over quick as i could finished it .  you get lot of dog walkers and ramblers   knocking about now the summer coming , most dont like any animal killed even a feckin nat  lol, iv e had few close calls with Buck , a fox or a cat , rabbit, hare  he will carry back to me, and he as . say 7-8 mins after ive bumped into somebody , god ive been lucky  lol , know always carry knife when out with a working dog  = lurcher/ coursing dog, gundog, terrier .  deff .:thumbs:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Are these legal ?

The multi blade one =non locker = yes, legal.  Not sure about the cartridge one. If the blade is rigid or lockeď it would be the total length of the blade and cartridge handle being no longer than 3". Measure it.   Its a stupid law but it would  need an act of parliment to reverse it and in the current climate of young mbongo spearing another  feĺlow of foreign origin there is no chance of that at all.

On 08/05/2019 at 15:34, Meece said:

There are a lot of people that have said that they carry Opinel and I have about half a dozen of them but because they lock if you rotate the neck ring they become illegal to carry unless you can prove that you have a valid reason for being in possession of an edged weapon in a public place.... and that includes being in your motor. SO..... say you get pulled for a faulty brake light or a minor RTA, Then you might get real Gip from plod.  It can get quite silly and expensive.

you can take the locking part off your opinel if your worried about it so it's just a folder

3 hours ago, greg64 said:

you can take the locking part off your opinel if your worried about it so it's just a folder

Iwould not worry a hurting anyone with a Opinel ….. because they are Crap.