What knife do you carry ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opinel   

don't give up your gay job.....sorry day job.....

get on collie johns thread on the lurcher section......you might feel the need...

Posted Images

Opinel, quite a few dotted around the place. Have a sebenza copy I like,  billhook in the tractor & or the digging bag. Muela bowie when out for bigger game.

buck folder, fixed blade buck with gut hook and a little Milwaukee folding Stanley for rabbits,I recently made 1 from some fallow antler and a Blade from a knife making kit [BANNED TEXT] bought me 10 yrs ago...20190201_141616.jpg.767af6f014a38854ed3b1c864d3c9c0c.jpgDSC_0072.JPG.5807f407444f9ce75506d493dedbbc8a.JPG20190505_234416.jpg.7d4fa98be2d542abb23cd4239bb84e14.jpg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I store my decent knives at the oldmans, generally use an opinel ,cheap ,sharp and a bitch to open .  Nice and small I like the thin blade and carbon blade.

You can't beat an opinel, for a cheap in the pocket all round "throw away" knife....

• Like 3

FairPlay lads we got a few years in the big house with that little lot, but as I said at the start hard to imaging not having a knife in the pocket, I can remember buying my first penknife as a toddler at the corner hardware  shop for two shillings 10p in new moneys after calling in nearly everyday on my way home from school to look and lust I finally went in with my shinny 10p and came out a knife wielding man, that would be around 45 years ago and I can’t think of a time I never had one in my pocket since, unless incarcerated ?????

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Arry said:

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Here's a few of mine,I've a favourite or two amongst them depending on what I'm hunting

IMG_20190508_094945__01.jpg

IMG_20190508_094955.jpg

IMG_20190508_095703__01.jpg

IMG_20190508_095622.jpg

IMG_20190508_095642__01.jpg

Emptied a few out of the draw. 

P1200848.jpeg.edd320a2e401d1118a934fc5f49e7ebd.jpeg

Cheers Arry

It's nice to see so many knives that have actually seen use in the field.  With the mud, blood guts and beer stains on them and the sheaths. Not for attacking others in the street such has become common with the boy's of foreign origin.  The Mrs was on to me the other day because she is spring cleaning and had a pile of knives the she had accumulated ! The two knives that I like the most are my leatherman wave and a Halle sheath knife. The trouble is that because they are both lockers. So I  can't carry these on a daily basis so I  now carry either a standard British Army jack knife or a cheapo Draper folder with plastic scales.  The Draper folder has a surprisingly good stainless blade that takes and keeps a good edge that lasts well.  The Halle sheath knife is the sharpest knife that I have ever come across. You've only got to look at it and it's cut something.  Usually me !!

https://uk.knivesandtools.eu/en/pt/-helle-eggen-75-all-round-outdoor-knife.htm

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TOMO said:

you found many truffles for that opinal arry...

Not found a Truffle Tomo Plenty other good Fungi. Love foraging for the mushrooms mate. Posted a few in Mushrooms 2018 tread.

If I lived in an area were you could find Truffles I'd have a dog that could find them, big money in that and what a way to make a living.

Used to use that pruning knife but got the opinal as a birthday present last year. It is good mind.

Cheers Arry

There are a lot of people that have said that they carry Opinel and I have about half a dozen of them but because they lock if you rotate the neck ring they become illegal to carry unless you can prove that you have a valid reason for being in possession of an edged weapon in a public place.... and that includes being in your motor. SO..... say you get pulled for a faulty brake light or a minor RTA, Then you might get real Gip from plod.  It can get quite silly and expensive.

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Theres a mate on here at the moment on a charge for having a knife in his car.

Cheers Arry

when someone comes to my house to buy a knife  , i allways tell them to put it in the boot of the car  out of reach  ,if its in the front with you your looking for bother  ,,

Not to bothered about knives other than I like to keep them Razor sharp but many years ago I read an article on fighting Knives one of the knives reviewed was the Bowie knife , it was to be used in a Chopping motion as the Hilt and Blade were hollow and partly filled with Mercury so when swung the weight was transferred to the tip of the weapon and giving your opponent a Jolly good Belt .

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Theres a mate on here at the moment on a charge for having a knife in his car.

Cheers Arry

He,s a serving soldier as well mate got stopped on his way home from exercises i think so if that’s not a good enough excuse we are all doomed, ?

• Like 2