What knife do you carry ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opinel   

don't give up your gay job.....sorry day job.....

get on collie johns thread on the lurcher section......you might feel the need...

Posted Images

Treat yourself, buy a good knife and it should last you a lifetime that’s why I keep mine on a length of paracord you can’t drop it, can’t be disarmed and can’t throw it, mine actually cost more years ago than I could buy it new today,for anyone wanting a really decent pocket knife they are pretty good cost around £40 ??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Treat yourself, buy a good knife and it should last you a lifetime that’s why I keep mine on a length of paracord you can’t drop it, can’t be disarmed and can’t throw it, mine actually cost more years ago than I could buy it new today,for anyone wanting a really decent pocket knife they are pretty good cost around £40 ??

Look very good those G ?

Opinel mainly...

Had a cracking knife made for me off some antler I gifted him...unfortunately it's in a field in Mid Devon after a roll.around lol...

9 hours ago, socks said:

D512F3CB-7B14-404C-B064-EA3045EF3C6C.jpeg

Is that a  best quality Bedrock knife bespoke made for Wilma Flintstone using one of Barney Rubble's wife Betties old handbags for the sheath leatherette ? 

Ps. My Mrs has told me to say sorry. for my conduct during the posting of the above. ???.  So come on tell the story of this piece ?

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

It's a shame that the knife law exists because of a minor court case judgement sort of made the handle part of a total length when locked. Apparently to reverse this decision would take an act of parliment which considering the spate of fatal stabbings perpetrated by mainly youts of foreign origin ain't going to happen. When I was a kid every lad and boy scout had a sheath knife and no one went round stabbing other people. It seems to be a thing of little boys trying to be big.   I was made aware of how caŕying a kniife in a public place could bite you in the arse big time. Two incidences. A gun shop sold a penknife like a bullet to a customer. He went into a pub for a drink and there was some sort of fight that he was nothing to do with. Plod turns up after the event but frisks all the customers down. He is found to have said knife in his pocket and is arrested and subsequently had his certs revoked !  Big loss of value on his guns !!  Second incident was some old retired old boy who was involved in a minor RTA.  When plod turns up, they immediately look in the glove box and find an Opinel penknife.  Plod enquires, "what's that doing in there " ? The old boy tells them that it is for when he and his Mrs go out for a picnic and they use it to peel and cut the fruit up.  Plod arrest the old boy for possession in a public place and he is heavily fined. Neither of them were threatening anyone or involved in violence of any sort but both got hit hard. I used to Carry a leatherman wave multi tool but the blades lock. This goes for any knife with a blade longer than 3 inches that locks. Any knife that locks such as Opinel, the handle is added to the blade length and if the combined length is over 3 inches, then you are in trouble if you can't give a sensible reason for possessing. Youd think that plod would have some discretion  and tell people like these two cases not to carry a knife and to leave it at home. As far as they are concerned the law is like a white line. your one side or the other.

The law ..... https://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/offensive-weapon-possessing/

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Greyman said:

My favourite knife , my eka has gralloched hundreds of deer . My inpocket knife is an opinal customised by griff with antler handle ..

19 minutes ago, TOMO said:

hay Tyrion...is that the knife you gave to the assin to kill Bran Stark...:D

Jealousy is a terrible curse ... just because I wouldn’t give it to you ......

This was a gift from a Czech friend. The only real use that I have for a knife these days is gutting and skinning rabbits and cleaning fish. The blade is a bit too chunky for doing rabbits and I have always thought that it was too nice to be exposed to salt water and fish guts.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

• Like 3
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

This was a gift from a Czech friend. The only real use that I have for a knife these days is gutting and skinning rabbits and cleaning fish. The blade is a bit too chunky for doing rabbits and I have always thought that it was too nice to be exposed to salt water and fish guts.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

Similar to a knife my dad brought last December in Belgium surplus shop for me .