Three new general licenses released

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Providing proof of damage is easy , open up the crop of the bird you have just shot , the proof will be starring you in the eye  

Just been advised by my pal that a new GL for woodpigeon (GL31) and one for canada geese (GL28) have been released. Plus the use of traps and decoys (GL33) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u

We won’t be back to normal until we are out of Europe 

I would not trust Gove for a moment, a sly little twat who deserves to be put in charge. BASC are in the process of writing to every MP in the land to apply pressure to get it sorted. Well I'm not sure that will do any good but for sure it will stir things up even more as the CLA, CA, NFU and a few others are supporting the move.

It would not surprise me if a temporary reversal was put into place while this whole mess is sorted so perhaps the 4  new GL  policies could be dumped BUT until that happens, the new GLs are in place so I do not see how anyone could be breaking the law by abiding by them. I have filed them in a folder and printing them before changes are made again.

Phil

3 hours ago, timmytree said:

Mark, shooting like this has been illegal ever since the GL came into force, but how many people completely ignored it?

Well, if we’ve always been breaking the law, as in tekin’ 2-3 birds out a decent sity tree, then we might as well carry on as normal. If we’ve always been breaking the law... what’s changed if we do the same in the future. I guess it’s just the fact we “didn’t know we where” .

Had some bangin long rangers today... long range tree rats I mean ?

8 minutes ago, timmytree said:

AAAH Rez, I can't condone shooting outside the GL, but if I don't know and nobody else knows then the only way you'll have a problem is if you're caught munching on pigeon breasts and you've left a binful of breasted birds somewhere to be found!

Or of course if you post it on here?

Let's be sensible, like any law you can't be done for it unless you get caught can you? Just be sensible and bloody careful.

? timmmehhhh. I know mate. Honest, it was only tree rats. I guess they’ll be off the list though soon.

i know what you mean my man. I’m not saying I will, it’s just that we’ve all been doing it for bloody years, not knowing really it was illegal. I was brought up with the old man saying you can shoot pigeons, JD, even the air gun magazines and the thousands of you choooobers taking birds, on camera, maybe its just the one or two for the pot, or pan, but we’ve all been doing it. We should hang our heads in shame ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Squirrels and rabbits, I don't think that will ever change, they're invasive mammals so crack on.

Yes, we've all done it on the birds in the past, I can remember shooting sparrows and starlings as pests for my uncle on the farm. I bet it still happens though. I had a massive row on here years ago about someone shooting in his garden because he wanted a pigeon to eat, first shot he managed to shoot his bedroom window! The mags haven't helped. Everyone broke the law and now it's come back on us.

I bet most shooters still don't know the old GL has been revoked so will carry on as normal. They are the ones, along with those that don't care, that will eventually finish live shooting for good.

BREAKING NEWS on LOOK NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE.

“Rez, a handsome b*****d and by the looks of it an absolute marksman, has been caught shooting pigeons in a wood they roost in that resides by a field there munchin ther way through at the farmers expense.”

Rez, what do you have to say for yourself?”

”I’ve been told it’s ok, by timmehhh”

?

• Like 1
On 04/05/2019 at 17:41, villaman said:

How the hell are they going to police it

I can’t see police hiding in fields and woods waiting there to make sure you do everything how it says on the GL .

Much the same as the hunting ban, it really can't be properly policed

• Like 1