3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I have an orange mountain bike bought from a fat bloke for £150  after he paid £700 for it before realising that simply owning a nice bike does nothing to help you loose wait, there are thousands of nice bikes in fat blokes sheds around the country just waiting for a new owner, beware of the same house on your local council estate selling an expensive mountain bike every week in the free ads or flea bay it’s normally photographed in the same spot so easy to tell but they are probably stolen and the last thing you need is a 16 stone rugby player trying to wrestle your new pride and joy off you in the high street ? 

That’s why you buy from 2 towns over ?

• Haha 4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me but my lad 

What about peterhunters mrs ? 

That’s why you buy from 2 towns over ?

Posted Images

Well lads not long back had a good time but f**k there’s a few uphill sections that I nearly blew a gasket on. Lol. Really enjoyed the twisty downhill sections and the little cube handled it alright but I think a full suspension is what I’m going to be looking into getting. 

4 hours ago, shaaark said:

Dmd, I just looked in the shed, and found my mountain bike, which I lent to my son a few years back and forgot about. Made by bmw, panic cbr, full suspension, 21 gears, and does what most people would need. I paid £315 for it new, about 15 years ago. Still in great condition. If you lived near me you could have it. Like dytkos says, I wouldn't be buying new again though ?

Thanks for the offer shaaak your a gentleman. ??

• Like 1

If its only for downhill you will need a full blown,dogs bollox,if a mountain bikes neede then that will much cheaper.i paid 5600 for a b1 downhill bike in 2002.bloody dear bike.halfords stuff prob got all taiwanese parts.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

If its only for downhill you will need a full blown,dogs bollox,if a mountain bikes neede then that will much cheaper.i paid 5600 for a b1 downhill bike in 2002.bloody dear bike.halfords stuff prob got all taiwanese parts.

The mates I was out with today were all riding carbon fibre trek full suspension bikes but a new one of those is way above my budget. 

Only ever ride Orange 5s myself in fact im just waiting for my new bike to be delivered this week.Excellent all round bikes that come with a 5year guarantee from new that they stick to.If you're looking for a downhiller then an orange Alpine is a good bike.Most importantly Hand built in Britain.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Black one is my pals which the same as what im getting this week.Blue one is my old orange 5.

20190423_183258.jpg

FB_IMG_1556865538283.jpg

Very nice ds. ?. Like I said in a previous post the whole thing is a bit bewildering because of the amount of stuff on offer and although I’m new to it and haven’t got much of a budget I’d still like to try and get something half decent which is the reason I’m going secondhand but that could be a bit of an ask. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

you can get them on finance these days....go to a shop try a few out ?

Yea the mate is going to take me to the shop that he uses and he often has secondhand stuff in. 

Like Daniel said most of the bigger shops do 0%finance.Look on sunset cycles website.Theyve got a sale on a lot of the 2019 orange models because orange have released their 2020 models already which are the exact same frame anyway.I decided to go new as they'd knocked 500quid off and then did over a grand specing it up anyway once i started looking at the upgrades??The reason I always go with Orange is because they are a small English company whos after sales care is second to none.Ive known lads break 4year old frames and they've been sent a brand new frame.Wheras I saw a lad on a group the other night with a santa cruz that he paid 6grand for a bare frame and when something went wrong theyve welched on the guarantee because they're saying its through misuse.Its a mountain bike ffs.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

I have an orange mountain bike bought from a fat bloke for £150  after he paid £700 for it before realising that simply owning a nice bike does nothing to help you loose wait, there are thousands of nice bikes in fat blokes sheds around the country just waiting for a new owner, beware of the same house on your local council estate selling an expensive mountain bike every week in the free ads or flea bay it’s normally photographed in the same spot so easy to tell but they are probably stolen and the last thing you need is a 16 stone rugby player trying to wrestle your new pride and joy off you in the high street ? 

? I'm 17 stone, and wouldn't rip anyone off!! ?

Buy second hand like allready said quarter the price. I bought a specialized allez racing bike off a 60 year prison officer when I built his boundary wall for 550. He paid 2000 for the full kit and rode the bike twice. He said he didn't like the hard saddle ???. I told him you don't like exercise and have too much money you old fat Cnut. I was sorry after I didn't get a mountain bike because I loved bringing lurcher out on a rope and he would tow me for miles. He would buckle me in 50 yards on a racer. Believe it or not I found women's mountain bike easier to run the dog on because if he seen a cat or a fox cross your path then it was easier abandon ship than go  into a buckle. If your buying a bike make sure you can lock the shocks because if you do decide to ride the road it will drain you when you are standing up to pedal. My mate had a trek and it was a nice bike but if you stood up on road you would think your going backwards because the shocks couldn't lock. He's into trail riding now and paid several grand for his latest bike but  if you want to cut down a tree and can't afford a chainsaw then an axe will do the same job but slower. He was doing fine on his own but when he started going out with groups it became a mickey measure competition on who spent what. A lanber will leave a fox just as dead as a pair of purdeys and you can only shoot one at a time.

U dont ride a gun downhill at 50mph plus.comparing a gun shot to a bike is crazy.i raced dh for years at a high level,you soon learn that only the best brakes,discs,bearings,,bottom braket,fork,headset,cranks,handlebar etc,etc,will do.the abuse the bike takes is unbelievable.i tested a well known set of triple crown Taiwanese front forks for a bike shop.one run and they were leaking on the oil seal.....back to manitou at 1200 pound.

• Like 2