Check the Canyons out mate.. quality german engineering! Got a nice new Exceed last year. New road bike just arrived last week. All brand new. I like new. I know nothing has been tampered with. And with Canyon, the bike comes straight from the factory to you... no middle man taking a wedge!!

You probably don't need a full suss??  My Exceed is rapid. Lock forks off, light as f@@k...?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me but my lad 

What about peterhunters mrs ? 

That’s why you buy from 2 towns over ?

Posted Images

Second hand bikes are bargains mate, technology has moved on and you get a lot of bike for your money.

I paid a grand for my bike almost 20 years back, spent a grand upgrading it over the years, prob worth £300 now lol

Set yourself a budget and look at reviews online, etc. Compared to what your local shop is selling, they are a business after all. Good luck.

Just Get Out And Ride!

Cheers, D,

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Check the Canyons out mate.. quality german engineering! Got a nice new Exceed last year. New road bike just arrived last week. All brand new. I like new. I know nothing has been tampered with. And with Canyon, the bike comes straight from the factory to you... no middle man taking a wedge!!

You probably don't need a full suss??  My Exceed is rapid. Lock forks off, light as f@@k...?

I’ll have a look BR. ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

I paid £1200 for a Kona Manomano in 2002. This one is on Ebay, exactly the same, apart from mine's blue, for 300 notes.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Kona-Manomano-Full-Suspension-Mountain-Bike/283450038151?hash=item41fef05787:g:hA4AAOSwHOlcsXxW

I bought a kona in 2017 off old couple who’s son had rode  it years ago then left it in the barn and they were moving, paid £50 sold it for £80 when I split and moved back down Dorset as was desperate for cash ?

B884F2D2-DB65-48FA-A8AC-50228D66A916.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

I’ll have a look BR. ?

Check out the factory outlet section too pal..

Plenty of cancelled orders and such like on there. Previuos years models and that..some good bargains to be had.

Funnily enough.. they even sell the  Pros old road bikes... scratches and all!! You can actually buy a bike that has been ridden in the tour de France! Even tells you who has ridden it....  if that's your thing!!

4 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

What about a santa cruz bit cheap and nasty but do for knocking about on

Santa Cruze are quality frames, all about the accessories, gears, brakes, wheels, etc etc

Maybe buy a £150 bike, see if you like and then upgrade if you get the bug? Don't get twistgrip gears lol

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1

Don't fall for the hype, especially if you have no plans of riding downhill, at breakneck speed through boulder strewn forests etc. 

It's a bit like air rifle hunting. A pigeon ?, wouldn't know the difference if it was hit in the back of it's napper with a pellet from a £2000 daystate, or a £200 hw99

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Don't fall for the hype, especially if you have no plans of riding downhill, at breakneck speed through boulder strewn forests etc. 

It's a bit like air rifle hunting. A pigeon ?, wouldn't know the difference if it was hit in the back of it's napper with a pellet from a £2000 daystate, or a £200 hw99

Comparing it to air rifles is a perfect comparison. Lol. I’m kinda getting overwhelmed with all the jargon if I’m honest was the same way back when I was looking my first air rifle so I just bought a TX 200 and got on with it. Lol. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Comparing it to air rifles is a perfect comparison. Lol. I’m kinda getting overwhelmed with all the jargon if I’m honest was the same way back when I was looking my first air rifle so I just bought a TX 200 and got on with it. Lol. 

Mate, I've done similar with most of my purchases over the years. My old man said to me years ago, 'if you don't need it, don't have it'. Very apt ?

• Like 1

Dmd, I just looked in the shed, and found my mountain bike, which I lent to my son a few years back and forgot about. Made by bmw, panic cbr, full suspension, 21 gears, and does what most people would need. I paid £315 for it new, about 15 years ago. Still in great condition. If you lived near me you could have it. Like dytkos says, I wouldn't be buying new again though ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just had a quick look online, there's a couple of em for sale, one in southampton for £50, great condition etc, and one the same in worcester. And that was just the first page of many online, so they are out there ?

I have an orange mountain bike bought from a fat bloke for £150  after he paid £700 for it before realising that simply owning a nice bike does nothing to help you loose wait, there are thousands of nice bikes in fat blokes sheds around the country just waiting for a new owner, beware of the same house on your local council estate selling an expensive mountain bike every week in the free ads or flea bay it’s normally photographed in the same spot so easy to tell but they are probably stolen and the last thing you need is a 16 stone rugby player trying to wrestle your new pride and joy off you in the high street ? 

• Like 1