Military memorabilia sort of gear

Anyone got any idea what sort of dough this Irish alarm clock is worth ?

Its made by " Carter " and has a Home Office Property number on the back but cant find a date........it dunnarf make a racket !

I aint got the foggiest is it worth pounds or pennies ?

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3144.JPG

Now that is an interesting piece of kit , the guys on this site , the old farts like me know those and the old style horse clippers, were converted into lure racing machines we had one at my old whippet racing club . Good old days sadly gone forever. Most lads raced sundays coursed the rest of week times change and not for the better.

Edited by keepitcovert
missed content

I reckon it’s one of those things that is worth a few hundred quid to someone who wants such a thing but the pool of buyers will be small mate.

If someone is asking you to buy it, personally I’d want to nick it because you could have it wrapped round your bollocks for years......or it may sell tomorrow?

its one of them.

• Like 1

Oh well you win some you lose some !

My pal was owed some money and ended up taking gear to the amount of.......we was just bowling about picking up anything that looked interesting i said put that down its worth nothing ( the siren )....." bet you its worth thousands its from the war " he says ?

Also got another one of these daft wagon things the Gypos like.....looks a pile of shit to me but they seem to pay a few bob for them....oh and a Nissan forklift truck with a grandfather clock on it ?....i didnt know Nissan made such things.....people keep some strange shit !

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

My pal was owed some money and ended up taking gear to the amount of.......we was just bowling about picking up anything that looked interesting i said put that down its worth nothing....." bet you its worth a couple of grand " he says ?

Also got another one of these daft wagon things the Gypos like.....looks a pile of shit to me but they seem to pay a few bob for them....oh and a Nissan forklift truck with a grandfather clock on it ?....i didnt know Nissan made such things.....people keep some strange shit !

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

That will sell.......if you fancy putting up with listening to all the bollocks and buffoonery until it sells ! ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

My pal was owed some money and ended up taking gear to the amount of.......we was just bowling about picking up anything that looked interesting i said put that down its worth nothing ( the siren )....." bet you its worth thousands its from the war " he says ?

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

That open lot bow top worth couple grand depending on there condition looks like a decent dray with old iron strap wheels .

• Like 1
15 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

My pal was owed some money and ended up taking gear to the amount of.......

Im seeing a pattern here, didnt the same scenario happen a few year ago. I remember seeing some gypsy gear that was taken in lew of. Did it add up to anything?

I reckon them gypsies are having a right giggle, cant pay me debt, but take what you want from the hanger?, meanwhile, theres 50k of folding in the caravan khazi. Mind some of those bow tops are big money. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Waz said:

Im seeing a pattern here, didnt the same scenario happen a few year ago. I remember seeing some gypsy gear that was taken in lew of. Did it add up to anything?

I reckon them gypsies are having a right giggle, cant pay me debt, but take what you want from the hanger?, meanwhile, theres 50k of folding in the caravan khazi. Mind some of those bow tops are big money. 

If you couldnt pay me back the tenner you owed me and i came round and took your car in exchange i dont think you'd be giggling ?.....anyway it was nothing to do with me i was only there to see fair play and equality ? ....ive never understood what it is with them wagon things it must take ages to build them the detail that go,s into them,a bit like them little mule cages for the birds 6 months to make and then sell it for 50 quid !

That said i always found the Gypos good to deal with they know what they like and they like what they know,so no complaints..

7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

If you couldnt pay me back the tenner you owed me and i came round and took your car in exchange i dont think you'd be giggling ?.....anyway it was nothing to do with me i was only there to see fair play and equality ? ....ive never understood what it is with them wagon things it must take ages to build them the detail that go,s into them,a bit like them little mule cages for the birds 6 months to make and then sell it for 50 quid !

That said i always found the Gypos good to deal with they know what they like and they like what they know,so no complaints..

Think what it is with the travelers and wagons is heritage mate , back in the day that was there pride and joy , no difference in someone spending 1/4 mill on a house a lot of time and money whent in to making them as beautiful as they could , a lot of non traveler people are buying them now and charging people a couple of hundred a night to do that fancy clamping in them lol