an unusual question

Better get it quick before we Brexit.  Have you applied for a European Firearms pass? I don't know if you could go out there and buy it and get it added to your cert and then drive through customs then advise your dept that you had got it.  You will probably have to pay a big chunk on import duty which ever way.

23 hours ago, Meece said:

Better get it quick before we Brexit.  Have you applied for a European Firearms pass? I don't know if you could go out there and buy it and get it added to your cert and then drive through customs then advise your dept that you had got it.  You will probably have to pay a big chunk on import duty which ever way.

You don't have to pay any duty if it is coming from an EU country.

5 hours ago, ianm said:

You don't have to pay any duty if it is coming from an EU country.

I wonder if and how this will change, if and when we exit. I think that the combination of 22/ 20 is a good one. Maybe a 22wmr as an alternative for a bit more punch out there.  It all depends on the ground that you shoot over and what you might shoot. You could even get brenneke for the 20..  good hunting.

4 hours ago, Meece said:

I wonder if and how this will change, if and when we exit. I think that the combination of 22/ 20 is a good one. Maybe a 22wmr as an alternative for a bit more punch out there.  It all depends on the ground that you shoot over and what you might shoot. You could even get brenneke for the 20..  good hunting.

Thats the plan if it just has .22rf/20bore i will go for a wmr. Also only issue with going myself is I don't have a passport! 

On 02/05/2019 at 22:48, Sausagedog said:

No but excellent choice sir.

I had one and a 22hornet over a 12g.

Fine guns and very useful.

A guy i work with has a bakial o/u 20 combination but He has had it years a brilliant gun for keepering with 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, James Cooksey said:

Also only issue with going myself is I don't have a passport! 

Oh dear, well this leaves you with a few options.  1. Get a passport pronto.  2. Find someone who does have a passport and the same unfilled allocation on their cert. who would be prepared to do this.( an almost impossible event ).  3 get over and back like an illegal immigrant. Whilst getting them to sell you a weapon without paperwork and somehow sneaking it back into the UK without getting shot. (  Nahh, that's even more unlikely than (2).   3. get a poster of the gun and hang it on your wall.  I think that 1 is the most likely to get a result. ?

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Oh dear, well this leaves you with a few options.  1. Get a passport pronto.  2. Find someone who does have a passport and the same unfilled allocation on their cert. who would be prepared to do this.( an almost impossible event ).  3 get over and back like an illegal immigrant. Whilst getting them to sell you a weapon without paperwork and somehow sneaking it back into the UK without getting shot. (  Nahh, that's even more unlikely than (2).   3. get a poster of the gun and hang it on your wall.  I think that 1 is the most likely to get a result. ?

My reading up says the paper work 5o have it imported to an rfd here is "simple" and I think your 3rd option is probably the easiest seeing as how many illegals there are in the UK and how easy criminals get guns!

• Haha 1