Mark Avery Blog

ver since the GL nightmare started I have been commenting on Mark Avery's blog where he discusses all the anti-fieldsports campaign they have under the guise of protecting wildlife. 

I ask you to get on there and start commenting on the blog, it's easy to do and takes no time. Show these people that we wont just sit here and take the blatant attack on our way of life  anymore...

https://markavery.info/blog/

There is a number if threads on here today regarding Mark Averys blog, if you can put a genuine point/argument across, then get on and do so BUT keep it civil or it'll be pulled...

Now, if your not so good at that sort of thing, then under each of the comments is a thumbs up or down vote for that comment.... Get on there and supportthose that are supporting you with their comments and arguments.... SHOW YOUR SUPPORT with the simple click of a button....!!!

16 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

It's just generating traffic and ergo money for his website, what has leaving comments and giving something a thumbs up going to achieve except give them more ammo

As long as your opinion/comment is valid and non threatening, why  not? If you allow it to be all one way traffic only their opinion gets seen. Staying quiet and hiding won't work but of course its up to you. 

Replying on these blogs, whether it be a thumbs up or down or a 2-3 paragraph reply voicing your concerns or opinions only serves to increase the traffic to their blog. It's a  win-win for the blog, attention is what they want, I'm not entirely sure which route to take to fight back, but one thing is for sure I will not promote their blogs with any form of response.

Maybe just maybe, the likes of B.A.S.C and countryside alliance should unite and challenge these self-opinionated interfering jobsworths, after all, it's not like there are not enough funds floating around to mount a counter legal challenge to their actions, or at least jump on board and have some input into the new licences.

It's about time our subscriptions went to good use and not just be footing huge pay packets, with a few free magazines and insurance thrown into the mix.

Rant over...........atb .........Del  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

As long as your opinion/comment is valid and non threatening, why  not? If you allow it to be all one way traffic only their opinion gets seen. Staying quiet and hiding won't work but of course its up to you. 

ive looked through the replies and the sort of followers he has are like remoners.... its like banging your head against a brick wall!!

I was going to post something then thought what's the point... they worship dickheads like Packham and think we are scum

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, delswal said:

Replying on these blogs, whether it be a thumbs up or down or a 2-3 paragraph reply voicing your concerns or opinions only serves to increase the traffic to their blog. It's a  win-win for the blog, attention is what they want, I'm not entirely sure which route to take to fight back, but one thing is for sure I will not promote their blogs with any form of response.

Maybe just maybe, the likes of B.A.S.C and countryside alliance should unite and challenge these self-opinionated interfering jobsworths, after all, it's not like there are not enough funds floating around to mount a counter legal challenge to their actions, or at least jump on board and have some input into the new licences.

It's about time our subscriptions went to good use and not just be footing huge pay packets, with a few free magazines and insurance thrown into the mix.

Rant over...........atb .........Del  

have you had the basc email this morning del?!

4 hours ago, delswal said:

That's fair enough, mate, and it's a valid concern but for our side that have the time and the inclination to do so it can be helpful to those that are unsure and want the common man's perspective. Bosun's comments above are solid and should be the standard if anyone from THL goes over there but I would be interested to hear whether this blog is allowing any form of rebuttal or whether they're censoring their content.

If they're censoring any sort of disagreement then the blog is worthless. People catch onto fake news a lot easier today than a couple of years ago and if that's the case the blog will be treated as such. Leave it alone as it's not worth the time.

If they're not censoring any sort of disagreement but welcoming quality content from our side then the contributors should conduct themselves in a way that would reflect countrymen under that kind of scrutiny from both sides of the fieldsport debate, or as advised leave it well alone or support the comments you agree with.

You're absolutely right with ad revenue if the site is run that way, but also consider that more traffic pushes that voice higher up the search rankings and if we have decent authors pushing solid arguments it's a good way to get that out there.

I get what you're saying about the fight back but this is just one avenue and you certainly don't have to go down it if you're not happy with the outcome.

• Like 1

There's some good intelligent replies put forward on the posts on here and, I can see the reason why we might want those contributors to comment on that blog but, it's just pissing into the wind.

All that blog is is Mark Avery noshing off Chris Packham while he in turn is getting rimmed by his little followers who think the English countryside is like some Disney movie where all of the little fluffy creatures chirp along together and live in perfect harmony.

I don't know how to make a difference but, if someone can find something that will, I'll happily pile in and do what I can.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I can see the reason why we might want those contributors to comment on that blog but, it's just pissing into the wind.

Maybe but while Packham spouts his guff he presents a nature show that takes place on a managed estate (to my knowledge) and it's because of this they're able to show their Disney-esque picture of nature in all it's glory. This needs highlighting as Packham's argument is both hypocritical and intellectually dishonest. There is no clear cut one shot solution to all of this but when they try and muddy the waters we need to stand and offer the rebuttal.

I accept that to some it is pissing into the wind but the majority of activism is online and we ignore that at our peril. If we're not willing to do that we should clear the way and support those that do, IMHO. This is a multi-faceted problem.

Pissing in the wind or not, i'd betcha that if that blog was running the other way, there'd be fecking anti's gobbing off all over it AND its that difference thats gaining them ground...

36 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Pissing in the wind or not, i'd betcha that if that blog was running the other way, there'd be fecking anti's gobbing off all over it AND its that difference thats gaining them ground...

2 posts of your I have seen in the last ten minutet that I would like to give a like to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need to play them at their own game, they want us to hide from them because that way they can use the silence as evidence of them being right. 

I have raised so many points and reasonable arguments on that blog so far and they can't hack it , they cant provide a straight answer back. Just a person reading that blog who is on the fence would maybe take a less bias view....every little helps. 

Fight for our cause because we will never get it back if we let them ban it!

• Thanks 3