Leaking hw100 cylinder

Evening lads, I've got a leak on the 100 so decided to fill to 90 bar and take the cylinder off, this was done on Saturday. Went and check tonight and the pressure has dropped. I don't want to submerge it in water, is there another way to find the problem area? Any common leak problems on the cylinder? As you can see, the factory seals are intact so the only place I can see it leaking is opposite the gauge end? 

I've changed the nipple seals on the gun before, about a year ago so don't see how cylinder can leak then leak through the gun also? 

Hope this makes sense to those in the know ?

Steve 

IMG_20190430_222808.jpg

IMG_20190430_222725.jpg

IMG_20190430_222840.jpg

Submerging it won't do any harm to it Steve.

......... But, if you really don't like the idea of it, you can wipe some soapy water over the joins - that should show up a leak pretty quickly.

I've got some O rings and silicone grease here if you need any :thumbs:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Submerging it won't do any harm to it Steve.

......... But, if you really don't like the idea of it, you can wipe some soapy water over the joins - that should show up a leak pretty quickly.

I've got some O rings and silicone grease here if you need any :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply Jon, I'll have a go at it later when I get in and report back, then go from there ?

• Like 1

Well, just got in and done the soapy water test and it's leaking from the filler port. What's the procedure now lads, is it to unscrew the gauge end of the cylinder and replace one seal? Obviously after emptying all the air that's in there first. If that is the way to go, how do you unscrew the end without damaging anything? 

Vice with jaw protection on stopping it getting marked and grip it at the other end mate so.many folk try to put it as close as possible not knowing  there gripping it even tighter on the thread it’s also possible that you might need a bit heat on it too ? also a wide flat screwdriver for the brass holder what holds the spring and nipple ( I could be wrong but I’m sure it’s a opposite thread)

good luck with it and don’t loose the little round brass ring that the o”ring is sitting on 

atvb mark

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mhopton said:

Vice with jaw protection on stopping it getting marked and grip it at the other end mate so.many folk try to put it as close as possible not knowing  there gripping it even tighter on the thread it’s also possible that you might need a bit heat on it too ? also a wide flat screwdriver for the brass holder what holds the spring and nipple ( I could be wrong but I’m sure it’s a opposite thread)

good luck with it and don’t loose the little round brass ring that the o”ring is sitting on 

atvb mark

Thanks for the reply, Mark ?

Would you recommend taking it to someone who's done it before or is it a simple task that's OK as long as your careful?

Is a heat gun too hot for the finish of the cylinder or would a hair dryer be more suitable? 

Lastly, would the threads need sealing after the seals fitted? I would not want to put anything on the threads that would make it harder to undo in the future. 

Steve 

1 hour ago, mhopton said:

have a look see 

Thanks for that Mark ?

.. if I was there and the was my cylinder, I would of fooking battered him, the rough Cnut ?

I bought a major service kit from Skins on ebay (fitted the easy ones lol) but from reading the list I don't think the seals are in there for the cylinder so next question, where would you get them from? 

IMG_20190501_200311.jpg

After watching the link to the vid Mark put up, I searched YouTube and found this. Looks easy enough, just need to order the seal from somewhere ?

Edited by liP
Spelling