Third seat

Anyone have any experience of putting a third seat in a small van?

Iv a wee kangoo van there but wouldn't mind adding a third seat in back as we've few fishing trips planned.

I checked it out its legal anyway lol

But it would be s bit tight for space, doesn't matter the mate will be in the back lol.

What seat would be best, it would need a seatbelt also.

Hopefully someone can help.

When i did this i just had a row of seats from another van fitted that had seatbelts built in. Was in a bigger van though garage i bought it from did it free it's only a few bolts if you have to do yourself though

1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

When i did this i just had a row of seats from another van fitted that had seatbelts built in. Was in a bigger van though garage i bought it from did it free it's only a few bolts if you have to do yourself though

Thanks JD, which seats did you put in, I'm thinking of a transit seat, a single one just?

25 minutes ago, Francie said:

Thanks JD, which seats did you put in, I'm thinking of a transit seat, a single one just?

I thi k it was transit in mine not sure. The seatbelt came out of the shoulder area and the clip was built in so just needed screing down

If you're looking for a good tight van Francie I have a good clean transit connect high top for sale... ive owned it the last 6 years...new timing belt went into her at 155.000 theres 175000 on it now....new clutch went in few months ago.. new drop links.. bearings.. exhaust... new sliding side door rails...good tyres all round..sills all welded on her for the last mot... motd to August 01... she bigger than the normal transit connect. shes 6ft x 4ft, in back 4ft high roof... loads a room for a dog fishing van... good factory fitted bulk head and plenty of room to put a set of double transit van front seats with seat belts in the back... just screw them in and your sorted with a cracking wee van..easy do you the next 6 years no problem... if you're interested send me a pm....

45 minutes ago, stop.end said:

If you're looking for a good tight van Francie I have a good clean transit connect high top for sale... ive owned it the last 6 years...new timing belt went into her at 155.000 theres 175000 on it now....new clutch went in few months ago.. new drop links.. bearings.. exhaust... new sliding side door rails...good tyres all round..sills all welded on her for the last mot... motd to August 01... she bigger than the normal transit connect. shes 6ft x 4ft, in back 4ft high roof... loads a room for a dog fishing van... good factory fitted bulk head and plenty of room to put a set of double transit van front seats with seat belts in the back... just screw them in and your sorted with a cracking wee van..easy do you the next 6 years no problem... if you're interested send me a pm....

Thanks for the offer lad, but I just purchased the wee kangoo couple of weeks ago, sounds like a tight wee van too lad