.22lr ammo testing

12 hours ago, cragman said:

I was gifted 600 of these and just returned from zeroing. Very nice round, and quiet as well. Good grouping at 50 yds ? prior to these I’m using Remington

C2040027-0E90-4276-9D3D-C3EB8EF6F670.jpeg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm not surprised if you were using the Remington .22 HP Subs before, probably the most inconsistent and worst ammo made!

:thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found myself with an afternoon free, so, decided that I needed to get some rounds though my cz .22lr at 50yards, take my time to go back over brands I’d pied off. This will be photo heavy, so apologis

I actually rate the Magtech HP subs, but not easy to find these days and not cheap anymore either.  Accurate and big HP which expands well. Not used the heavier Winchesters but the old ones had a

Your comment seems to have taken on a life of its own.   As I suggested earlier you are taking the piss, either that or pig ignorant, SOLID AMMO IS ALLOWED FOR PEST CONTROL. As far as I recall th

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, cragman said:

I can blame the ammo then ?

I don't think there are many of us who haven't blamed the ammo at one time or another!:whistling:

But in the case of the Remington HP Subs it is a legitimate excuse!:thumbs:

Always used the Remington. The guy who mentored me (god rest his soul) got me set up with them. I’ve hit a few bunnies with them ? I was expecting the first round pop last night but didn’t get it. Always got it with the remmys 

• 1 month later...

Now I’m lost, the last 100 rounds of the SK have been a bit random, a few flyers. Missed a squirrel last night, twice ? from the same place as always so I have the range nailed. Thought it may be my scope was I need of a zero, I have a target that’s permanently up, had a couple of shots snd from my aim point one was an inch high and left the second was an inch low and right. This has no put me off the sk’s, I need to be able just to pick up my rifle and and have confidence in it. So my question is, do I give the barrel a clean with a pull through or look at changing amo? I’ve put  roughly 1000 rounds through it. 

Cheers

Welcome to the world of rimfire!

Massed produced ammunition that uses heeled bullets will always have these issues, it's why it was kind of dropped in the larger Cal's of yesteryear.

Crimping uniformity can be compromised with heeled bullets over bullet in case designs.

Then there is the possibilities of irregular priming!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • 3 weeks later...