.22lr ammo testing

Found myself with an afternoon free, so, decided that I needed to get some rounds though my cz .22lr at 50yards, take my time to go back over brands I’d pied off. This will be photo heavy, so apologise. 

My office, 

Office

and the ammo,

47682651362_56989ef0c1_b.jpg

so first up was the cci’s, 3 groups of five rounds,

40769113353_5f407c1524_b.jpg

eley 38g white box 

46946362184_97225b741e_b.jpg

Winchester’s 

46946404824_3a8da5d707_b.jpg

Eley 40g green box, ignore the far left group

32792390627_1f7106d779_b.jpg

33858707188_3cc8f8f9e3_b.jpg

5 shot group of just eley 38g top and cci’s middle binned off the Winchester’s 2nd picture is the eley 40g

32792425577_39bb7f334d_b.jpg

33858773878_81c140a7e7_b.jpg

both eley’s out performed the cci’s and everything out performed the Winchester’s. My preference is the 38g eley’s so I’ll get and some more of them and see what else I can find. 

Cheers

Edited by Dave_4
  • Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found myself with an afternoon free, so, decided that I needed to get some rounds though my cz .22lr at 50yards, take my time to go back over brands I’d pied off. This will be photo heavy, so apologis

I actually rate the Magtech HP subs, but not easy to find these days and not cheap anymore either.  Accurate and big HP which expands well. Not used the heavier Winchesters but the old ones had a

Your comment seems to have taken on a life of its own.   As I suggested earlier you are taking the piss, either that or pig ignorant, SOLID AMMO IS ALLOWED FOR PEST CONTROL. As far as I recall th

Posted Images

As far as I know you can send your cert in and request an increase in ammo allocation  without any cost.  Tell them that it is an inconvenience to have to keep travelling a distance to get more ammo. a 200 rds  allocation  is a joke. I fail to understand why or how they mess about like this. If someone goes rogue what's it matter if you have 50 rds or 500 ?   When you buy ammo tell the shop to use a new line every time and when your cert is full up send it back in because you need a new one because it is full up and that's why you need more.  I have a large amount on hold and usually buy at least a thousand each time considering the cost.

• Like 2

I actually rate the Magtech HP subs, but not easy to find these days and not cheap anymore either.  Accurate and big HP which expands well.

Not used the heavier Winchesters but the old ones had a big HP which also expanded well and (potentially) made up for variations of accuracy due to the damage they caused.

Eley are no more accurate in my 452 than anything else, and expansion leaves a lot to be desired in my view, so a bit of a balancing act really!

RWS are another worth looking at, very accurate in mine and even though the HP is pretty small it seems to expand better than the Eley!

116a.jpg.f4a21f410b11c0304fd655a3d30c0672.jpg

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

So I’ve tracked down this little lot to try out. 

SK Subsonic .22LR Hollow Point x50 £7.95

RWS Subsonic Hollow Point x50 £7.45

Norma Subsonic .22LR Lead Hollow x50 £5.30

Lapua Centre-X .22LR x50 £11.25

Those lapua’s better be good!!! ? although I may not bother with them, as I don’t think I would buy them if they one holded five rounds. 

• Like 1