Scope advice

Always tricky scope advice!   Tends to be rather personal.

Just start with what you want, ...magnification range, objective size, tube size, reticle type, side parallax, etc etc.

After that you're away!

(some fair scopes listed above though, take a look as some of the Hawke as well)

:thumbs:

On 29/04/2019 at 15:21, MR TEA POT said:

I'm after a scope to fit my CZ 527 American,it's got 30mm mounts budget £200-300 thanks.

What calibre of cz527 is it?

What are you planning to shoot at what ranges?

Are you just shooting in daylight or with a lamp aswell?

• Like 1
On 02/05/2019 at 11:52, ianm said:

What calibre of cz527 is it?

What are you planning to shoot at what ranges?

Are you just shooting in daylight or with a lamp aswell?

fox out to 150/200 yds

both

Every time the question of scopes comes up it seem that the scopes that people think of are variable power and big.  It's almost like look at my big Willie with all of the twiddle nobs.  I went shooting with a bloke who had all the bells and wheels and nobs. He spent so much time messing about that the Fox ran right up to the truck and all matey boy kept saying was "I  can't get a picture". It got so silly that son in law dropped Charlie with a 12 bore at about 20 yards.  Consider a fixed power 6x  or 8x by 40.  Better by far. Check it out.  It's the dusk and dawn light transmission that counts not looking through a scope held in you hand on a sunny afternoon.

• Like 1

Great rifle... I have one myself ? High mag and a wide parallax range is amazing for fixed point bait stations in daylight or when you have time to make the shot but can be a complete shit at night on the lamp or where a quick unexpected shot is needed. Keep it at a low mag and 100m parallax and you’ll get on. I’d punt for a good condition second hand from a decent pedigree as there are plenty of people with too much money chasing the latest gear that’ll let em go for a song.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MR TEA POT said:

fox out to 150/200 yds

both

I personally would go for a secondhand Schmidt and Bender 8x56. Enough mag for the ranges you are shooting at plus superb light transmission especially with a lamp.

• Like 1