Upgraded the kids goldfish pond

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this on ebay half price kids love it and alot more space for the fish had the little barrell before this is much bigger and a bargain at 150 

It's amazing how quickly all kinds of wildlife will come in when a pond is added to a garden, I made this small pond and put six shubunkin in, lost one this year the rest are still going strong over f

It's going to be clad in decking when I get hold of some. The fish are happy and the waters clear which is the main thing.  They get a water change every time it rains.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

That one you got is cracking.  Think I'll start with the half barrel like you had to see if he has an interest in it before I fork out for a fancy one like yours. 

Thats what i did mate the barrel went more wildlife like whereas this one seems to be staying very clear with this new filter.

1 minute ago, trapperman said:

That’s a cracking little pond, put some underwater lights in there will look spot on after dark when your sitting outside

Yes pal gonna go get some today just reminded me.. got a couple them air balls seems to of livened them right up aswell.

36 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Bit posher than my ibc tank and home made filter. We don't get mosquitoes in the water but any more though. 

20180728_192142.jpg

20181122_170908.jpg

You could put a frame round that with a nice bit of cedar on it and that would look really good. 

• Like 2

They look nice when first set up but if you dont look after them they quickly go to shit especially if kept out during winter,all dirty and go out of shape etc.....nice to keep through the summer though,maybe take it down and store it for the winter.....was it from Crews Hill you say ?....Wildwoods is a nice shop the bald geezer in there i forget his name now but if theres something he doesnt know about Aquatics its not worth knowing,good chap to get advice from.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

They look nice when first set up but if you dont look after them they quickly go to shit especially if kept out during winter,all dirty and go out of shape etc.....nice to keep through the summer though,maybe take it down and store it for the winter.....was it from Crews Hill you say ?....Wildwoods is a nice shop the bald geezer in there i forget his name now but if theres something he doesnt know about Aquatics its not worth knowing,good chap to get advice from.

Yep know the chap hes sweet and no brought it online.. gona keep ontop of it dont bother me if goes dirty im sure the fish prefer it anyway.. have you had one? Fella i knows got the hexagonal one and with a good filter its stayed clear for a good while he does a water change every couple months 

3 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Yep know the chap hes sweet and no brought it online.. gona keep ontop of it dont bother me if goes dirty im sure the fish prefer it anyway.. have you had one? Fella i knows got the hexagonal one and with a good filter its stayed clear for a good while he does a water change every couple months 

No but a boozer near me got one of the half moon shaped ones for the garden last summer and i saw it a few weeks ago and it looks a state i think the plastic all go,s out of shape if you leave them over the winter....but like anything as long as you keep on top of the maintenance im sure it,ll look great.

• Thanks 1