Is this a license?

I know for the foreseeable future I will be doing what is asked of me, I’m not saying I’m going to break the law or go against the GL but for me the people who work/farm the countryside know how to look after it, it’s just a terrible shame that it has to be such a taboo subject and god forbid you actually enjoy what you do ☹️

Well it’s been 5 days now since the licenses were pulled and all NE have managed to cobble together is one GL for the control of crows, we were told that the licenses would start to be reissued by Monday but have seen nothing, I suppose this has something to do with the people running NE have a server conflict of interest regarding previous employment, at this time of year the nesting fowl are having a hard enough time without there nests been raided, so what to do, do I wait it out for a couple more days or do I go through the rigmarole of the personal license form with the bloke who owns the ponds just to stay on the right side of the law, what I do know is the magpies are having a right old time of it at the minute 

1F0DD49B-8E16-4A21-B4BA-4F1303235972.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Sad 1

Well, a reply from NE complaints department and I don’t know why they bothered, the link in the email is to NE’s press release saying they are working hard to sort the new GL and this is there final response on the subject, I would of had more respect for them if they just told me to f*ck off ?

4515629B-098D-433E-A7DC-0D6F1F58A70D.png

Just a generic letter no doubt sent to hundreds of people, what gives this away is I used my name on the letter yet I’m referred to as the complainant, they haven’t even done what they said by starting the release of the licenses by Monday, this just goes to show the complete ineptitude of these people, they didn’t need to act in the way they did and create this mess, WJ asked for license changes in 2020, giving plenty of time to get this right, I’m sure if I was this incompetent I would be for the chop but I’m guessing these people will carry on taking  there excessive pay while making a bigger mess of this situation, when you look at the connections between these people it stinks of job for the boys ( of girls as the case may be )

I have been guilty myself of not following the GL and also not understanding some of it, if you read into it there is so many grey areas that can be interpreted in many different ways, what I would like to see is pigeon and corvid classed as a pest species and treated in the same way as rabbit/fox/gray squirrel, I don’t think we would ever get to a point where the numbers were low enough to remove them from the GL or to go back to this mess we are in now, I also wouldn’t have a problem with the need for a personal license for the control of Canada and jays, I would also accept Canada’s to be seasoned in line with the other geese unless they were a problem where a personal license was required, but that’s just me and as I’ve come to realise over my 41 years on this planet, my opinion means nothing 

27 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

I tried shoot to scare a bird today .....stupid fecker  flew straight in to my shot , 

What were you using, a punt gun ?

to be fair that is one of the stupidest statements NE have come out with and wave a gun shaped stick at them and dress as a scarecrow, no wait I retract that, there’s loads of them all as equally as stupid as the next ?

5 minutes ago, timmytree said:

I've got 61 years and I agree that I haven't always obeyed the GL but what I did was stop posting in the hunting section. Better to say nothing. Unlike Elchapo who is quite happy to break the law and tell everyone. When all live shooting gets banned you can thank people like him for screwing it for everyone. The idiots will always ruin it.

It has only been over the past year or so that I have ever put anything on line in relation to my shooting, this debacle has made me think twice of posting any of my “shooting adventures” which to me is a shame as to me what I do I consider to be a service to the countryside and to conservation, it makes me sad to think that most people are so detached from where their food comes from and have very little understanding that a land that has been so intensively farmed needs to be carefully managed and if I was to show people a small part of this I’m considered to be evil, yet they are willing to eat there 6 week old chicken completely oblivious as to the upbringing of that animal, the worlds gone mad ☹️