Is this a license?

15 hours ago, Rez said:

Picked this link up from the pigeon boys... obviously it’s not a case of simply downloading and keeping with ones self?

timmehhh... where are ya, you’ll know ?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/798014/WML-GL26-licence-serious_damage2.pdf

Looks useful after a cursory glance.

:thumbs:

9 minutes ago, liP said:

So is shooting branchers out of the question, or have we got to wait until they are attacking lambs? 

I dont think rooks have been mentioned at all yet pal neither have jays or collared doves

• Like 1

Attempted to have a go at a form or two... On the latest Mac OS with full business software running for work... Dunno what they've created there PDF's in but even my rig aint lovin it... god help farmer dave with his windows 2002.

JamesLove-UA 2019-04-29 at 18.42.19.jpg

So this potensionally means that a single shooter might have to carry 3 or 4 licences to shoot different species or do you think they will be merged in together at some point?

I saw 6 jackdors bothering a lamb on sunday at my permission all i could do was scare them off.

But they probably went straight back when i left.

But no mention of jackdors on the new licence only crows.

FF

14 minutes ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

So this potensionally means that a single shooter might have to carry 3 or 4 licences to shoot different species or do you think they will be merged in together at some point?

I saw 6 jackdors bothering a lamb on sunday at my permission all i could do was scare them off.

FF

They are working through the species...fair way to go yet!

1 hour ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

FF

You will not have to carry any licenses, the rest of the licenses will be issued in the coming weeks and as it is a general license all you will need to do is act in accordance with the license 

• Like 1

Ok i get it now...

I read it as... we as livestock protectors have to take prevention steps first, as in scare crows and scarers. Or is this down to the land owner?

If they still are a pest then as a last resort can shoot them, but a record must be made with what prevention steps were taken and how many were shot ect?

FF

I read it as, as the last resort is to shoot them the owner of the livestock will of taken the preventative steps before asking the likes of me and you to dispatch them in a humane manner and as for a record of the steps taken what do they want “ on Tuesday I waved a flag at them nasty crows and Wednesday we used a banger until they wised up to it, as for what has been shot I’d leave that for the owner to document 

• Like 1

Yes shoot to scare does sound very loose and maybe a problem area, but how do you shoot to scare with an air rifle, shoot the ground infront of it?

Ive seen the crows attacking the buzzards and kites at my perm.

And they all line up on the pig sty fences waiting for an opportunity to get something.

I dont remember reading anything about decoying?

FF

I had that discussion about decoying with my farmer mate yesterday and he agreed with me that the best time to shoot pigeon is on the stubble and to decoy them in, although at this time they are not coursing any damage, he would argue that this is prevention and a very good way of knocking the numbers back before the winter/spring crops go in, you know the problem is coming so why wait until it arrives ?

• Like 1