france and air guns

we have been looking in to moving to france for about 3 months now buying a property out ther,what is the laws on air guns ive got about 8 guns id love to take with me if it comes off

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a holiday home in france and hunt with the chasse without passing an exam, i went to the federation de chasse in my area, took my european firearms pass, certificate of insurance and  firearms

Or if they spoke English would be even better , arrogant fcukers ?

So what you are saying , you don’t wear The trousers ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mattwhite said:

A friend of mine moved there and said that getting a licence was as easy as going to the local police station and filling out a form but like mitch said, you cant hunt anything with them.

A gun license isnt difficult to acquire, join a range type club & apply. Hunting permit isnt so easy.

2 hours ago, j j m said:

we have been looking in to moving to france for about 3 months now buying a property out ther,what is the laws on air guns ive got about 8 guns id love to take with me if it comes off

What areas are you considering?

Hunting Licence is a pain and involves a written examination, as well as about £150.

Unlike the UK where we bend over backwards the exam/test is in FRENCH, you don't get it is every language and Brail and big print or an interpreter.

Possibly a good route to hunting is joining a gun club and going out with members hunting, that was the shortcut in the past.

Hands up, this was my experience a few years back, things may have changed a bit since then!

yes mate you pronounced it better then I ever could,i think if it comes off I will sell my guns before I go as I se no point in having guns if I cant hunt with them

24 minutes ago, j j m said:

yes mate you pronounced it better then I ever could,i think if it comes off I will sell my guns before I go as I se no point in having guns if I cant hunt with them

Keep 1 or 2 Jeff :yes:

........ Wait until you get there and find out how the land lies - the lads in the more rural areas tend to follow their own rules ;)