BG TRAPPING

Even you could catch a Rabbit with these Don  ? find a hole in a Fence put trap down  then come back in the morning and pick your Rabbit up, it's that easy , easier still if you use a setting tool  and safety tool , Rabbits seem to be left alone in traps you lose the odd one but nothing like snaring  when you can lose the lot .

micks pics 142.jpg

micks pics 147.jpg

micks pics 093 - Copy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When you have a snare line found by a badger or fox it's a complete mare, I don't do big trapping/snaring jobs like I did twenty years ago, but when I did and experienced this problem it used to seriously p me off.

Same sort of thing happened on a dairy farm rabbit job I did, traps in every hole, come back in the morning, every rabbit had big holes in them made by rats! Rabbits completely unsalable. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, mole trapper said:

When you have a snare line found by a badger or fox it's a complete mare, I don't do big trapping/snaring jobs like I did twenty years ago, but when I did and experienced this problem it used to seriously p me off.

Same sort of thing happened on a dairy farm rabbit job I did, traps in every hole, come back in the morning, every rabbit had big holes in them made by rats! Rabbits completely unsalable. ?

I had Rats eat every bit of a Rabbit except the head which was exposed but I have found that Rabbits in traps get less attention  than Snared or Cage trapped  ones , it could that they are  out of sight or the heavy Steel trap ! but I think it is because there is no Squealing .

The  first picture is a set up I done a few years back it was a mass of Blackberry bushes about 200 yards long and 50 yards deep I put twenty of these cubbys in around April time when the cover was at its lowest later that year in late September I put the Traps in and the first morning I had 11 Rabbits , the next morning I killed 14 Rabbits and a Stoat , when I went to lift the traps the next day they had all been pulled out and threw in the Stream . Not very nice but it shows that if you think it out and have time to prepare sometimes a plan will come to fruition .

• Like 1

Tidy stuff mate. I did well on the squirrel last winter but lost alot in snares to the foxes pulling em out. I like the look of those Traps, do you just use a mesh around it by o house it. Only thing is I'd be nervous a hedgehog might go into it as I. Trying to look out for em. Good pics though. 

17 hours ago, darrren said:

Tidy stuff mate. I did well on the squirrel last winter but lost alot in snares to the foxes pulling em out. I like the look of those Traps, do you just use a mesh around it by o house it. Only thing is I'd be nervous a hedgehog might go into it as I. Trying to look out for em. Good pics though. 

I have never caught a Hedgehog in one but when I was a kid I often caught them in Gin traps that were set in holes in Stone walls 

IMG_20181029_0006.jpg

• Like 1