no contents

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No pasa nada tio, tranquilo  Aussiewhip we like your photos, the same as everyone else, from other parts of the world.  Look aussies will run a pack, yanks, kiwis and anyone else and his mum

Why has everyone got their handbags out? If the guy loves his breeds and the way he hunts who are any of us to tell him different?? It's an opinion, we've all got them and they all differ. Get over it

no contents

Posted Images

I have question Wahchadero, a genuine question. I will firstly say that I find this an interesting thread with photographs of some fine looking dogs.

Question: What is the Dogo Argentino?

Not what it does or what present breeders standards are but where did it come from? The breeding behind those that exist now.

My almost none existent knowledge comes only from books. The breed is banned in the UK and I have not came across them on my limited travels. 

"Book learning" tends to say that a Dr. Antonio Nores Martinez set out on breeding programme to create them in 1920. Various existing breeds used from various sources being the English Bull Terrier, Great Dane, (English) Pointer, Irish Wolfhound, Bulldog (?),  Bordeaux Mastiff, Spanish Mastiff, Pyrenean Mastiff, Boxer and Doberman.

Any truth in that? I find it hard to believe as a dog of this type was surely needed to carry out that kind of work in your country that  prior to 1920. Did the "type" exist before Dr. Martinez' breeding programme?

Is it a relatively new breed or an old breed with outcross blood to increase the gene pool or an enduring example of something more ancient?

5 hours ago, Wahchadero said:

Why people on here keep posting comments and judging stuff they probably never experienced first hand, down here, where we live and hunt? Looks like being on a chat for old farts instead of a group of like minded people willing to share and keep up a common passion. We all hunt and have a personal way to breed and train dogs, I am showing what works best down here and try to show how good these breeds are. 

Old farts ?

5 hours ago, Wahchadero said:

What are you trying to say?

1 good beddie whippet would  subdue a fully grown boar no problem....7 dogs is abit over kill to me....meat only be good for sausages?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wahchadero said:

I guess you trust your whippet to hold down the boar when approaching it. The traditional boar hunt doesn't involve firearms down here so you gotta have the balls to use your knife and trust your dogs. And I am f***ing tired to answer to your insinuations about the number of dogs we use, how they performs, boars being mauled, ecc. Get yourself down here, hunt with locals and than talk, eventually.

No pasa nada tio, tranquilo ;)

Aussiewhip we like your photos, the same as everyone else, from other parts of the world. 

Look aussies will run a pack, yanks, kiwis and anyone else and his mum in Europe and the world. Why the hell are people going into a chap, who is obviously not native English speaking or writing and giving him shit? 

Everyone hunts differently, with a distinct commonality.... we love what we do. 

So.. keep posting the pictures and telling us what are the best dogs that work for you.. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Wahchadero said:

I guess you trust your whippet to hold down the boar when approaching it. The traditional boar hunt doesn't involve firearms down here so you gotta have the balls to use your knife and trust your dogs. And I am f***ing tired to answer to your insinuations about the number of dogs we use, how they performs, boars being mauled, ecc. Get yourself down here, hunt with locals and then talk, eventually.

20150912_192800.jpg.10e68132d41608779e9a2b4491e93f5b.jpg